NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

NXP Semiconductors Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2.8

Low Power Methodology, Physical Design Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Worst interview process, you don't apply to NXP career website, you have to apply by emailing some company name ceridian. very slow process and then they never provide you feedback for your rejection and performance. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic technical questions, personality based question, like how to resolve office conflicts, how to lead a team. Some physical design questions, CMOS gates. etc   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Smooth. Want only people who can face clients...no skills needed. Once you pass the first minutes, the interviewer starts complaining about the job and how it is tough.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview - kind of technical. Ask about how JTAG and I2C physical connection.
    On-Site - Describe how the I2C work, software and hardware wise. Explain how SDIO work. Show how to do strcopy in C.
    Take home - given a MCU starter kit and provide a working C code to demonstrate ability to understand MCU.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Worked through their recruiter. They were excited by my experience and skills. After hours of initial phone screening they flew me from east coast for 2 full days of interviews in Washington state and Silicon Valley. I wasn't at all what the interviewers wanted or expected in respect to experience and skills. Interviewing was stressful, harsh, and at times rude. A complete waste of my time and their money. Where was the disconnect? I represented myself 100% accurately, had long phone screenings where all of my strengths and weaknesses were put on the table before being flown out. The worst interviewer (most senior manager I interviewed with) actually reprimanded and scolded me in a harsh tone of voice for not have some specific skills "that every engineer who wants to work in the valley must have" - this gentleman was extremely rude and obviously had no sense how to treat other human beings with respect and decency. Almost everyone had the "We are the great NXP, bow before us" attitude. Makes even good engineers feel very low in an interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't have enough time to write them all, nor would anyone have the time to read them. Two full days of interviewing me with questions about technical areas not on my resume, and that I said I didn't have or had little of during the phone screenings. Did they do this just for the sadistic enjoyment of it, or what? I still haven't been able to figure it out.   1 Answer

Engineering Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I am not sure they really wanted to hire anyone.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NXP Semiconductors (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

I was referred to NXP by another employee, and subsequently had a phone interview with a project leader and the group head. Was subsequently invited to fly to CA (from NY), and had a number of fairly technical interviews with various engineers, and lastly, with somebody from HR.

Received an offer the week after that, but found a more interesting position closer to home, so declined.

Interview Questions

• Got a hypothetical scenario on how to solve a certain problem.   1 Answer