NY Daily News Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NY Daily News

2.7

Digital Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY).

Interview

Deceptively easy, and not very accurate. On in-person interview. Said they called references. Main problem was that I was hired by "the old regime" and was deemed "not a good fit" by the new regime. Hiring mangager was fired a few months after hiring me.

Negotiation

They made a very generous offer. I took it.

Online Photo Gallery Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an online editor about an interview. This editor, or other managers obviously didn't review my application very carefully (kind of a big red flag for a "news" organization) because they wanted me to come into the office for an interview. I do not live in the city (NYC), in fact I live over 800 miles away (which they would have known had they reviewed my application and resume). When I emailed the woman to correct her mistake, and ask if instead I could do a phone/skype interview instead, I never got a response. Never ever heard from them again. I felt the entire experience was extremely unprofessional. It only takes two seconds to write a response retracting an offer due to location, and I did not understand why I wasn't shown that courtesy. I was very put off by the way this manager handled this situation.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't they respond to my email after they offered me an interview   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Freelane Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief and to the point and allowed me to expound on my areas of interest as far as a beat and topics that I was interested in covering. It also gave insight about the scope of the job and the vagaries involved in completing freelance assignments.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background.   1 Answer

Photo Gallery Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NY Daily News (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in December 2014 for a Photo Gallery Editor position at the New York City office. The interview was conducted by the manager of the gallery team, who had clearly taken the time to go over my resume and asked how my previous experiences would make me a suitable candidate. Unfortunately, I did not get the position but I did receive thoughtful feedback from the manager in follow-up emails which I appreciated, and believe assisted me in my job search.

Interview Questions

• The photo gallery manager asked me for unique gallery ideas based on trending news/entertainment stories of the week.   Answer Question