NY Health Department Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NY Health Department Interview Questions

2.7

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monticello, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NY Health Department (Monticello, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the regional office after they pulled my name from the civil service list for this position. Set up an interview over the phone. Interviewed with three persons who went over the position duties, asked a little about my background and went through a series of official questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an offensive person who thought they were being kept in the dark over something?   1 Answer

Consultant/Infection Preventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NY Health Department (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel of 3. 45 mins interview + case. Provided a list of questions before the start of the interview. 4 weeks after the interview and still I haven't heard back from them. I called and emailed the secretary who advised me to wait for a call or email from the HR. So I am still waiting :)

Interview Questions

• Motivation? Interested? Background question from the resume?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NY Health Department (Albany, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy . I got a call notifying me they wanted me to come in for an interview. I went in, the supervisor talked to me, asked me a a bit of questions about school and my activities and where i wana go after i graduate. Then i was offered on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NY Health Department (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a great process - overall they were fair and straightforward with their questions
    I mentioned that lack of tools and technology really becomes a challenge for me, and how I overcome is to help build tools that the entire team can use to improve performance. When working on their interview I prepped by looking at google and understanding questions that were most likely to be asked.

Interview Questions

• what is the one thing that holds you back?   1 Answer

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menands, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NY Health Department (Menands, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

common interview questions about your resume and previous experience, it is best that you are very familiar with everything written on your resume, and you could answer any detail related to your previous experience, no technical question asked during interview, interviewers also asked about personality questions as often seen in the job interview guide books.

Interview Questions

• what is the specific details with regards to one work experience you mentioned in your resume?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NY Health Department in January 2010.

Interview

the panel consists of 3 persons. They prepared a list of questions. People were very nice.