NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development Interview Questions

Interviews at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people; the directory of operations, a manager and an administrative assistant. I was asked at the end what did I know about the department and I replied with information I got from their website. One person asked if I got it off the web, and when I said 'yes', they all laughed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Three interviewers asked prepared questions. Interviewers take turns asking question and record comments and scores on their questionnaire. Most questions asked pertained to general experiences in housing in NYC neighborhood.

Assistant Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not hard but challenging due to the questions asked. A panel of 5 interviewers around the table. They were professional and communication was direct and open. Behavioral questions were asked as to what are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with NYC codes and zoning & NYC Local law 11 (Façade Inspection Law)?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, the first one with a Director and head of HR. Then the second interview with who I would be reporting to. The whole process takes two months. This is a headache because there is so much back and forth and paperwork before you really know what is happening. Do not tell your current job you got a position at HPD until you have a tentative start date because they will hold you up!

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and they ask questions to see how much you know about their programs so research that before coming in.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development in July 2014.

Interview

Post on job-related forum. Email the supervisor and took interviews. Contact via emails.Two people interviewed me. The position is relatively special to most of their usual works. So they tested me with a specific project.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Level required performing these tasks; considering the appropriate classification level. Be aware that changes in the classification of positions from represented to nonrepresented will require union notice and agreement
    Tasks carried out by the previous employee
    Tasks to be removed or added if any of the work will be transferred within department
    Supervisory or lead responsibility
    Budget responsibility (if any)
    Work hours
    Is there still a requirement for this role at all?

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied 6 months prior and received a phone call to come in