NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.8

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, easy process. Spoke to 2 different managers in separate interviews the same day. There was no pressure the entire time, there weren't any questions that were unexpected. Pretty much standard interview questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY).

Interview

general question about previous projects and experience, entire process is quite relaxed and delightful. entire process last for about one hour, a few more questions about proficiency on specific skills and relevant research and project I have done.

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was just a phone interview where we discussed the architecture of an application and various technologies, test-driven dev, etc. I didn't end up getting an offer but they were very quick in making hiring decisions and very courteous about it.

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview scheduled by email, I needed to call into a conference call, with a code number they sent me. When I called no one was in the line and after few second someone joined, I was asked if it's just me here and I said yes. The interviewer asked me about my experience, and then he was explaining about the company and a little about the role, I also was asked if I had the chance to use the NYC311 app. After that, we continue to the technical questions. All questions were about android or tech experience

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY).

Interview

I actually applied through a recruiting program and I got to interview with my supervisor and it was a straight forward interview where she asked me when I am able to start work and we went over my resume. It seemed like they have already made up their minds before the interview and the interview was more of a going to know me process to see if I was a good match for this position and with working with my supervisor.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview in which I was called but had no preparation time. I was just asked if it was convenient to be asked questions now and I said that it was. I was just asked questions and not really give a chance to ask any of my own until the end.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview in which I was asked many questions about my familiarity with the library, my feelings about working part-time, was I agreeable to working nights and weekends and split-shifts, even though it was a part-time job.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Firstly contacted by Vendors, initial screening done by vendors to get the details that match job description. After submission, takes about a week to schedule a telephonic interview with client. It took another week to schedule an In-Person Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you gather requirements to start off from scratch   Answer Question

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly to me and to be fair I could only answer 75% of the questions that were asked of me so there was not a perfect match in terms of technical skills. The main problem I have is that I followed up with HR several times and I never heard back. I followed up with 2 separate HR people. I assume that I did not get the position but I expected to get some sort of template response saying that I was not selecting to go on to the next round. I found this to be very unprofessional. I was asked questions on WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, and SQL. It was a panel of two people. The time that it too was about a half an hour or perhaps a little more.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe step by step how to deploy a war file in the WebSphere console.   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

It was pretty quick but overall hiring can be 3-6 months HR is extremely and inefficient on top of administrative hurdles like reviews and approvals... After a phone screen I was invited for in person interview with peers and then third one with the hiring manager. Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• It was basic resume review and typical resume questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

I have been working here as a consultant for 2 years and one day my manager offered me to join as full time. Then I had to go through the HR processing, the whole procedure took about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was being interviewed as consultant I was asked Java and content management related question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the highest amount in the range posted for this position. But the highest amount posted for this position was little more than half of what I was making as consultant.