NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview scheduled by email, I needed to call into a conference call, with a code number they sent me. When I called no one was in the line and after few second someone joined, I was asked if it's just me here and I said yes. The interviewer asked me about my experience, and then he was explaining about the company and a little about the role, I also was asked if I had the chance to use the NYC311 app. After that, we continue to the technical questions. All questions were about android or tech experience

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY).

Interview

I actually applied through a recruiting program and I got to interview with my supervisor and it was a straight forward interview where she asked me when I am able to start work and we went over my resume. It seemed like they have already made up their minds before the interview and the interview was more of a going to know me process to see if I was a good match for this position and with working with my supervisor.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview in which I was called but had no preparation time. I was just asked if it was convenient to be asked questions now and I said that it was. I was just asked questions and not really give a chance to ask any of my own until the end.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview in which I was asked many questions about my familiarity with the library, my feelings about working part-time, was I agreeable to working nights and weekends and split-shifts, even though it was a part-time job.   Answer Question

Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly to me and to be fair I could only answer 75% of the questions that were asked of me so there was not a perfect match in terms of technical skills. The main problem I have is that I followed up with HR several times and I never heard back. I followed up with 2 separate HR people. I assume that I did not get the position but I expected to get some sort of template response saying that I was not selecting to go on to the next round. I found this to be very unprofessional. I was asked questions on WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, and SQL. It was a panel of two people. The time that it too was about a half an hour or perhaps a little more.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe step by step how to deploy a war file in the WebSphere console.   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

It was pretty quick but overall hiring can be 3-6 months HR is extremely and inefficient on top of administrative hurdles like reviews and approvals... After a phone screen I was invited for in person interview with peers and then third one with the hiring manager. Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• It was basic resume review and typical resume questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

I have been working here as a consultant for 2 years and one day my manager offered me to join as full time. Then I had to go through the HR processing, the whole procedure took about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was being interviewed as consultant I was asked Java and content management related question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the highest amount in the range posted for this position. But the highest amount posted for this position was little more than half of what I was making as consultant.

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY).

Interview

2interviews, each took 20 mins or so. Asked about backgrounds, technical skills, excel, access, and MS office in general. Accounting basics preferred.
    as other CIty jobs, took over 2 months for entire process to complete.
    had to submit excel spreadsheet and an essay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interviews are regular tech questions, after receiving a job offer candidates may wait for start day from 2 month to 14 month

Interview Questions

• Who was your college professor on computer architecture class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not negotiate salary with me, they offer 8-10% increase from my privies job.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The Tech lead called for the phone screening and asked me some situational question, then I went for the in person interview, with panel, was a lots of question about the testing tool and the situational question, asked about the situation where you automate the test and challenge. Then they took about three days to make a decision, but the recruiter reached out in between and gave a thumbs up

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I already had some figure negotiated with the recruiter

Senior Director, IT Service Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen after applying for the posting online through the DoITT website. I then had a face to face interview with the Ricardo Browne, it was supposed to be a group interview but others did not show. The interview went well and next steps was to make up the interview with the other members of the group.

Fast forward 6 weeks later I had the panel interview of which one employee had to leave early. The questions were very basic IT questions. Part of the panel consisted of consultants which made no sense to me since the position was going to be fulltime with DoITT. One of the consultants consistently asked questions then spoke about himself in the 3rd person on how he would or has handled similar situations. After the interview i sent a thank you letter to each person on the panel individually and personal. Not one replied.

The hiring manager fell silent for weeks, which turned to months. After numerous attempts to reach out to him I finally gave up.

Very rude, unprofessional organization that will not attract top talent if they treat potential employees this way and trust contractors too much.