NYC HHC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.6

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They wanted me up there on short notice, but were thankfully accommodating when traffic caused both my bus and cab to take longer. Director and team lead the I interviewed with went excellent and I was told I was their #1 pick. I received a call just over a week later, from the recruiting agency that submitted me to NYCHH, informing me that I received the job offer.

Unfortunately, I had to turn down the contract, due to misinformation supplied to me via the recruiting firm, which did not then pay for my expenses as was the understanding. As such, I told both the recruiting firm and NYCHH that I could not accept the contract as it was due to the sheer cost of working and living in Manhattan during the work week. I was told by both parties that my compensation would be reworked to suit my needs and they would be in touch to get me onboarded. I remained in contact with both parties at least once per week for roughly a month and was told things were still being worked on each time and they would let me know as things change. Errors with HR data sent and pieces like that are examples. I found out just a little over a week ago by a third party (another recruiting firm who I've previously worked with) that as far as they could find out, my candidacy was voided the second I turned down the offer...just no one bothered to keep me informed. Very unprofessional on the part of whichever party (or both) involved.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview involved the discussing the role of research at the institution and the future of the company. There was a few question about research questions I took part in the past.

Recovery Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYC HHC (Elmhurst, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Nurse manager and educator asked clinical questions. Spent about 40 minutes grilling me on clinical scenarios, which was fine. Spent little time asking "tell me about yourself" and "strengths and weaknesses" types of questions! Got the offer call the same day as the scheduled interview!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience performing any duties out of RN scope of practice or were uncomfortable with any practices at your previous employment?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Had about 3 to for interviews . Simple questions about understing workflows and following instructions. Very important to be on time and not a lot of leway for absences

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYC HHC (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

i applied through a website with my resume,. i waited for them to contact me. they called me to schedule an interview after a few days. after interview i was waiting for the decision for couple of weeks. unfortunately i was not hired at that time. i dont know why , they did not say.

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and informal; had a good experience overall. The interview included one 1:1 and one group interview. They were all done in one day. The only annoying part about interviewing was having to fill out many, MANY, forms.

Hospital Care Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY).

Interview

After passing the test and was successful was placed on the established list, i received notification of this in January and was called to be intervied in July (I would say that was quick comparing to other lists).

On the day of the interview I waited over an hour of my scheduled time, there were many candidates to be interviewed. I was interviewed by a 3-person panel and I must say although I was nervous it was quite easy, I had done my reasearch and prepared well. Preparation for interview is a must.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the organization?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your weakness?   1 Answer

OD Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long, took over 3 months for the whole process. First is a one on one, then there is a quiz, followed by a presentation. The presentation was in front of a group of the staff. The quiz consisted of an I/O related situation and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an organizational development specialist?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed through another source. Easy place to find but It was not what i expected. Not really corporate culture.Everyone seemed very laid back.The interview was nice and short. Asked to described myself and I explained my work history.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked to described myself.   1 Answer

Corporate Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC HHC (New York, NY).

Interview

You will have to come for least 3 rounds of interviews to be hired. The first two will be group/ panel interviews and consist of answering a long series of random, rapid-fire questions and scenarios. The interview process is generally the same for entry level positions as it is for senior-level positions. You'll hear back if there's interest, if not, don't wait around for a rejection letter. HR plays no role in the process other than collecting resumes and passing them on to department managers.

Interview Questions

• Naming a specific statute for some obscure issue or fact pattern.   Answer Question