NYC Teaching Fellows Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NYC Teaching Fellows

NYC Teaching Fellows

Application

I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows

Interview

I submitted an Application, was contacted for a phone interview, then scheduled an in-person teaching sample. The teaching sample was stressful, but it was nice to meet other applicants and they all cheered each other on.

Interview Questions
  • I had to prepare a ten minute sample lesson.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Really stressful, annoying and tiring at first to carefully read and submit the application process, then answer and proofread all of the tedious mandatory questions as why you want to join the NYC Fellows and to share some personal experiences followed by a scenario based question, attended virtually to some webinars to listen experienced NYC Teaching Fellows and yet of course the application process, luckily this year I wasn't invited for a phone interview or else I will bs it and was invited for Selection Day instead. Selection Day, less stressful to pick and do a 5 minute sample lesson plan and submit it, then meet and greet with other candidates on Zoom to teach and ask any questions while I teach, got a quick and basic question, took a good amount of break, did an interactive group activity and to also re-teach it with confidence and as an overall, the interviewers seems really nice, patient, manageable, hilarious and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY)

Interview

1. Apply online 2. Phone interview 3. Selection day 4. Email of acceptance or denial The whole process took time but they fellows were knowledgeable both during the phone interview and selection day. Selection day you taught a lesson and we’re able to reteach a part of it after learning a new teacher quality from what the fellows taught.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

NYC Teaching Fellows

Application

I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows

Interview

They had us do a two minute lesson, and then practice how to get kids to pay attention and do their work--though the tone of it was more like how to get them to "sit down and shut up." The communication between the organization and the interviewers was bad, as I was three times told I would be taking a math assessment on the same day (I didn't), but was never told about the impending GRE requirement nor was someone who already had a teaching certification informed they were wasting their Saturday.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

The process is somewhat tedious. The application questions where in-depth and required extensive thought. The Telephone Interview is 30 to 40 minutes in length and is administered by a New York State Licensed Teacher.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a middle school student who is inattentive and at times disruptive in class?

Application

Interview

They had me do a demo and take a test. It was stressful and I wish i had received more feedback. Afterwards we took a test in a big ole room with lots of people. It felt very impersonal. The process was overall adequate.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of online stuff about my teaching purpose.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview consists of an online part and in-person. Online you have to answer some questions and in person you have to do a 5-minute lesson plan. After you are done with your lesson plan you are given feedback from the interviewers. They then ask you to re-do two minutes from your lesson plan using their advice. At the interview you should be yourself and follow all the rules. Listen carefully to all of the directions given.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NYC Teaching Fellows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows

Interview

The interview process was long but not difficult. A lot of the process seemed redundant and drawn out. You go in, get paired up with a group of other teaching fellow candidates and deliver your lesson plan to that group of people. Then, you get separated into another group, this is the group where your lesson plan delivery actually counts and you are assessed on it. You then get a lesson taught to you, you receive criticism on your lesson and have to reteach a portion of it. Easy but redundant.

Interview Questions
  • They ask you questions based on you lesson plan that you prepared

NYC Teaching Fellows

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows

Interview

Interview was the whole day. They give you the chance to practice with people from your group. Then they make the list of who will go first etc. You only have 5 mins to present the lesson to other candidates. Have your material prepared. The interviewers are just on the back typing they will only ask one question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY) in Mar 2018

Interview

First step: fill out online application (resume, background, answer some essay questions). Step 2: phone interview (some may bypass this process). Step 3: in-person interview where you prepare a 10-15 minute lesson and teach the lesson to another group of interviewees and two assessors.

Interview Questions
  • Given the mission of NYC Teaching Fellows, why do you want to join the program and teach in high-need schools in New York City?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews