NYC Teaching Fellows Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NYC Teaching Fellows Interview Questions

Interviews at NYC Teaching Fellows

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

1. Apply online
    2. Phone interview
    3. Selection day
    4. Email of acceptance or denial

The whole process took time but they fellows were knowledgeable both during the phone interview and selection day. Selection day you taught a lesson and we’re able to reteach a part of it after learning a new teacher quality from what the fellows taught.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be part of nyc teaching fellows?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

They had us do a two minute lesson, and then practice how to get kids to pay attention and do their work--though the tone of it was more like how to get them to "sit down and shut up." The communication between the organization and the interviewers was bad, as I was three times told I would be taking a math assessment on the same day (I didn't), but was never told about the impending GRE requirement nor was someone who already had a teaching certification informed they were wasting their Saturday.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a distracted student to pay attention?   Answer Question

Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

The process is somewhat tedious. The application questions where in-depth and required extensive thought. The Telephone Interview is 30 to 40 minutes in length and is administered by a New York State Licensed Teacher.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a middle school student who is inattentive and at times disruptive in class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY).

Interview

They had me do a demo and take a test. It was stressful and I wish i had received more feedback. Afterwards we took a test in a big ole room with lots of people. It felt very impersonal. The process was overall adequate.

Interview Questions

• Lots of online stuff about my teaching purpose.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of an online part and in-person. Online you have to answer some questions and in person you have to do a 5-minute lesson plan. After you are done with your lesson plan you are given feedback from the interviewers. They then ask you to re-do two minutes from your lesson plan using their advice. At the interview you should be yourself and follow all the rules. Listen carefully to all of the directions given.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows.

Interview

The interview process was long but not difficult. A lot of the process seemed redundant and drawn out. You go in, get paired up with a group of other teaching fellow candidates and deliver your lesson plan to that group of people. Then, you get separated into another group, this is the group where your lesson plan delivery actually counts and you are assessed on it. You then get a lesson taught to you, you receive criticism on your lesson and have to reteach a portion of it. Easy but redundant.

Interview Questions

• They ask you questions based on you lesson plan that you prepared   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows.

Interview

Interview was the whole day. They give you the chance to practice with people from your group. Then they make the list of who will go first etc. You only have 5 mins to present the lesson to other candidates. Have your material prepared. The interviewers are just on the back typing they will only ask one question.

Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

First step: fill out online application (resume, background, answer some essay questions). Step 2: phone interview (some may bypass this process). Step 3: in-person interview where you prepare a 10-15 minute lesson and teach the lesson to another group of interviewees and two assessors.

Interview Questions

• Given the mission of NYC Teaching Fellows, why do you want to join the program and teach in high-need schools in New York City?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Application Portal, Phone interview, Selection Day (Teaching Demo). The process was tedious and took a long time. Also there were a lot of logistical problems with the online portal making the process more complicated.

Interview Questions

• The Questions were generic and easy to answer the difficult part was teaching a lesson in five minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Was given a time slot for a phone interview. Interviewer called at appointed time for a duration of less than 20 minutes. Interviewer spoke clearly but was very fast in reading the prompts. I had to ask to repeat several questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you address student that is not meeting academic standards?   Answer Question