NYS Office Of Children & Family Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooktondale, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services (Brooktondale, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial Hiring went very quick, had to manage previous job and manage to set up required specifications needed to have on file (ie physical, finger prints)
    Initial Interview went well, was a little nerve wrecking as Im sure it would be for anyone whom has never worked in the field prior to.
    Employee interaction during interview process was good and very blunt and to the point. They are very through in their use of (scenario & what your response would be). It helps the interviewer (s) get a vibe as to if you would be a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• The scenario and response, I believe a lot of it comes down to common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice to anyone looking into becoming a part of the OCFS field.
    Do your research and even get in touch with people whom work there, this field of work is not for everyone. You need to be a person whom is quick on their feet, quick critical thinker, and can abide by policies and procedures as set forth.

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services (Staten Island, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I interview for a few different programs before I was hired. The interview is a 2 to 5 people panel interview. There is usually the director of the program, a supervisor (YC2), and Assistant Director interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a supervisor asked you to submit a report in a ineffective format and you had a better idea for the layout of the report?   1 Answer

Cadet Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Kortright, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services (South Kortright, NY).

Interview

Panel Interview. Most questions was about the welfare of the children and how would you react to violent situations. The interview was about 45 mins and the staff are awesome

Child and Family Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services (Rochester, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

3 Interviews. The first is with the regional director takes aboutt 30 minutes to an hour. 2nd interview is a group interview with a written test after the interview, the final is another group interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions, questions regarding knowledge of child welfare services.   Answer Question

Youth Division Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claverack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services (Claverack, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Went very quick like 15 mins. very straight forward and right to the point. Couple of scenarios questions. group interview . Kind of nerve racking but as long as you answer to the best of your abilities and use common sense

Interview Questions

• Why would you do in an emergency situation   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services in January 2010.

Interview

A phone call brought me to the interview, which consisted of 2 people and a tour of the facility. The atmosphere was as expected in a small school setting with students who are basically locked in for a few years. I liked the students who I met and the staff seemed very positive due to the circumstances. I stayed relaxed and on top of my specialty...English for the middle levels and the challenging daily activities that I will need to keep them interested and learning. Interviewing goes well when you know what you're getting into...then the job goes even better once hired. "Go for what you know and you will be successful!!"

Interview Questions

• Why am I an asset to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYS Office Of Children & Family Services in April 2010.

Interview

Received a call to come in had a group interview received a call 2 weeks later offering the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a kid stealing food from another kid.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation state sets payscale.