NYSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYSE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYSE.

Interview

The whole process took around 20 mins. HR spent lots of time talking about this new position and didn't ask any behavior question. He just want to know if you have related data analysis experience.

Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

telephone interview , written test, interview

Test was more on java and domain. personal interview was horrible. bunch of arrogant people took interview. i got feeling that they already decide to reject. i came across insulting questions. i am not sure is this the culture of company. they show as if candidates are needy people. they have right to reject candidates but if they have already not like someone in technical test why to even bother to take interview. i felt upper management people were taking out their personal frustration

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screeners were only interested in getting your ideas about how to do their job better in the future. Did not concentrate on full day to day job description tasks at all & rather on high level architecture only focused on a single part of the tasks related to the latest buss words in front end development.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Microsoft Typescript & ECMAScript 6 Features.
      Given Google Angular versions 1.2, 1.3 & 1.4 how would you implement Evaluators?
      What are the performance benefits & advantages between ng-if & ng-hide ?   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview,
    Online tech test, C++, polymorphism, recursion, multi threading.
    DB concepts, relational DB
    Situational questions, past experience.
    + How did I
           Deal with stress
           Deal with conflict
           Deal with team member
           Mentor junior members
           Took challenges to work on new technology
           Communicate with managers
           Advise on risks to deadlines and deliverable

+ Technical questions
           Multi-threading
           Race conditions
           Regular expression
           Text processing
           Performance testing

Interview Questions

• 1. Past tech work
      2. Online test is Linux and C++ based   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as is

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with three people - director and manager. The interview process is very straightforward. They use third party - hiring agent for the intern position. Basically went through your background and work experience, and any other interview questions you would expect. Overall, no difficult questions for a intern position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYSE in June 2015.

Interview

First you go through an online interview through HireVue, then you have a phone interview with members of the team. Lastly, you have a video conference interview with additional team members and executives.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well; interviewer was very professional. In person interview was another story.

During in person interview, I Interviewed with a different person who came to receive me 20 minutes late. He asked me a few of irrelevant questions and wasn't prepared for the interview at all. Half way during the interview, he asked to be excused so he can get a list of prepared questions.

I felt a decision to hire has already been made and I am just being interviewed for the process.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only red marbles, one contains only blue marbles, and one contains mix of red and blue marbles. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYSE.

Interview

Interview was informal, simple and painless. Human resources, followed by two managers then a line supervisor. This interview was conducted many years ago, not the same today I would expect.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYSE.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and behavioral, situational, technical questions. they gave onsite interviews and then fly you to the site which you requested to work. gave you a tour of the building in between your interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

NYSE has great college recruiters who are extremely enthusiastic and adept at spotting talent. However, often times candidates were not given final round interviews with departments that best suited their skill sets.