NYSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYSE Interview Questions

Interviews at NYSE

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYSE.

Interview

The first-round interview was conducted over the phone by an HR representative and was very basic (i.e. "Describe your work experience in more detail.", "Do you have any volunteer experience?", "What is your interest in the tech field?", etc.). The second-round interview was done over Skype for me personally because I was studying abroad at the time. The second interview was a bit harder because they were asking specific questions about economics, computer science, current events, etc.

Interview Questions

• In terms of OTC trading, differentiate Level 1 and Level 2.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYSE (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume,answer questions,personality test ,phone interview ,interview face to face with two more people,skills test ,druug test

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYSE in June 2015.

Interview

First you go through an online interview through HireVue, then you have a phone interview with members of the team. Lastly, you have a video conference interview with additional team members and executives.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYSE in March 2019.

Interview

Generally pleasant experience. I met good professionals who appeared to be nice people. There are moments of bureaucracy and delays as in any large organization. Be prepared and show genuine enthusiasm about your role and the industry.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions about background, qualifications and skills.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with three people - director and manager. The interview process is very straightforward. They use third party - hiring agent for the intern position. Basically went through your background and work experience, and any other interview questions you would expect. Overall, no difficult questions for a intern position.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well; interviewer was very professional. In person interview was another story.

During in person interview, I Interviewed with a different person who came to receive me 20 minutes late. He asked me a few of irrelevant questions and wasn't prepared for the interview at all. Half way during the interview, he asked to be excused so he can get a list of prepared questions.

I felt a decision to hire has already been made and I am just being interviewed for the process.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only red marbles, one contains only blue marbles, and one contains mix of red and blue marbles. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at NYSE (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had one on-campus interview with intern program directors. The questions were straightforward behavioral type questions and walkthrough resume review. The next step was onsite interview with potential manager. Similar questions - they just want to see if they will be able to get along with you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked well in a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - intern program pay is preset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Connected through an employee and had multiple casual phone interviews

Interview Questions

• very informal, tell me about yourself, your passion etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

It was a basic interview where two young college grads met with you and discussed the options at NYSE Euronext and they asked a few technical questions. Then they inform you they have nothing to do with the hiring process, but they just were there to collect resumes. The managers would look at the resumes and contact you if interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

On campus recruiting at a target school. Different groups within NYSE Euronext will then contact you for separate interviews after the initial interview on campus. The initial interview is purely fit, but depending on which groups you interview with after, you may get technical questions. Knowledge of NYSE's "merger" with Deutsche Borse is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard any news recently regarding NYSE Euronext?   1 Answer