NYSE Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

telephone interview , written test, interview

Test was more on java and domain. personal interview was horrible. bunch of arrogant people took interview. i got feeling that they already decide to reject. i came across insulting questions. i am not sure is this the culture of company. they show as if candidates are needy people. they have right to reject candidates but if they have already not like someone in technical test why to even bother to take interview. i felt upper management people were taking out their personal frustration

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screeners were only interested in getting your ideas about how to do their job better in the future. Did not concentrate on full day to day job description tasks at all & rather on high level architecture only focused on a single part of the tasks related to the latest buss words in front end development.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Microsoft Typescript & ECMAScript 6 Features.
      Given Google Angular versions 1.2, 1.3 & 1.4 how would you implement Evaluators?
      What are the performance benefits & advantages between ng-if & ng-hide ?
      1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview,
    Online tech test, C++, polymorphism, recursion, multi threading.
    DB concepts, relational DB
    Situational questions, past experience.
    + How did I
           Deal with stress
           Deal with conflict
           Deal with team member
           Mentor junior members
           Took challenges to work on new technology
           Communicate with managers
           Advise on risks to deadlines and deliverable

+ Technical questions
           Multi-threading
           Race conditions
           Regular expression
           Text processing
           Performance testing

Interview Questions

• 1. Past tech work
      2. Online test is Linux and C++ based
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted offer as is

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with three people - director and manager. The interview process is very straightforward. They use third party - hiring agent for the intern position. Basically went through your background and work experience, and any other interview questions you would expect. Overall, no difficult questions for a intern position.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well; interviewer was very professional. In person interview was another story.

During in person interview, I Interviewed with a different person who came to receive me 20 minutes late. He asked me a few of irrelevant questions and wasn't prepared for the interview at all. Half way during the interview, he asked to be excused so he can get a list of prepared questions.

I felt a decision to hire has already been made and I am just being interviewed for the process.

Interview Questions

• There are three boxes, one contains only red marbles, one contains only blue marbles, and one contains mix of red and blue marbles. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

one interview, be prepared to sign a ton of documents limiting your ability to trade stocks and comply with company policies, and also look sharp. Now matter what job you're applying for there is a business dress code.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process is take two weeks

Interview Questions

• Regular questions for QA Analyst: Unix, shell scripting, DB   Answer Question

Veteran Associate- Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially applied through a veterans organization for a different position. I contacted an HR rep through LinkedIn and received an interview request about a week later. The initial interview was a typical behavioral interview, though there were two managers, where I expressed interest in the CR department. The next day, HR contacted me to arrange for another interview. The second interview was all behavioral. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• In the initial interview, they asked why I wanted to work for NYSE when my degree had nothing to do with finance (I was working towards a Masters in Public Administration)   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with 4 people during my interview. It went very well. The hiring process took a little too long, but overall it was a very good experience. The on-boarding was great and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult work issue that I had experienced and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Veterans Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

They are looking for educated Enlisted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. The interviewers were extremely friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation