NYU Langone Health Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU Langone Health Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at NYU Langone Health

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

I contacted through email and expressed my interest in the lab and the research that it is into.
I was asked to transfer three reference letters.
I was invited for a one on one interview that was one hour long.
I was invited for a second interview in which several additional ideas that the boss didnt cover at the first place were brought up.
I was invited to give a presentation to the lab.
I was taken to lunch by one of the boss colleagues.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to change field ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was not able to negotiate.
i seriously don't have any advice for someone that is interviewing to the same position.

Other Interview Reviews for NYU Langone Health

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview was mostly about my PhD research and how it can be applied to the lab research projects. Since I worked in the same area, it went very well and I got an offer at the end of the interview. The position wasn't advertised, I heard about the opening from a friend and emailed the PI my CV. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• I got questions about my family which I didn't expect, but didn't mind answering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Expected style interview. General fit and personality questions followed by specific questions about why I wanted to do that research, why that lab, then where do I see my research going, what would I like to do in the future/independent research. Had a tour of the lab - impressive facilities and met with each lab member for a 30 minute chat followed by lunch with all of the lab minus the PI.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the next step would be in the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Over the course of a day I had 8 one-on-one interviews with faculty in various Department Pediatrics, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the College of Global Public Health, and the Wagner School in order to insure compatibility and lay the groundwork for future collaboration. I also gave a presentation to the Department of Environmental Pediatrics. The day was very well organized and I was impressed by everyone's level of enthusiasm and by the many opportunities for growth available at such a dynamic institution.

Application

Interview

I met with my PI in person for a short meeting. After that she asked me to give an hour research presentation to the lab members. It was big research group, therefor there were many questions. It was a good experience. I was hired after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Besides receiving many research questions, I was asked why I want to leave my current position? Where else I am interviewing? What do I want to do in the future? If I prefer to stay in academia or industry.   1 Answer