NYU Langone Health Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU Langone Health Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online to research at a career fair. The interview was fairly relaxed, but the interview was more that the recruiter would take my resume and then I should apply online if I see an interesting position. I'm not totally sure how much the interview helped. The recruiter was very nice and the interview more or less relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe past research experience. What was the last time you worked with a team and how did it go? It was very relaxed, but the recruiter did not have a strong science background so that was probably the trickiest part.   Answer Question

I have not looked online for positions yet. I assume there may be follow-up interviews after that.

Other Interview Reviews for NYU Langone Health

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very casual. The interviewers were two research coordinators, both seemed like recent grads. The overall atmosphere was casual and the entire experience felt like a chat. Basically went over my resume and talked about some related work experience. The entire process went by very quickly.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

behavioral interview. asked about my previous research experiences. discussed the research project that I would be assigned to. Futhermore, we discussed what would be expected from me and then what I would be responsible for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through their internal job board and was interviews two weeks after submitting my resume. Interview process is extensive at NYULMC and it includes several people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Type of laboratory experience
      Type of research experience
      Shortcomings
      Work ethics
      Availability
      Willingness to work overtime   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through my school career website.
    I was asked to go down to the medical center and the interview lasted for about 2 hours.
    I first met the clinical psychologist who was in charge of the project and then the PI who had was an MD. Then, I had a chance to speak to current research team members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this clinical research assistant position?   Answer Question
    • So if you are not sure about applying to med school now, have you taken your Mcat?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a strictly behavioral interview. i talked about all of my experiences that led me up to this point. we also discussed the study and what my role would be.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health.

Interview

I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Met with PI of lab and had standard interview questions. Emailed directly with PI regarding interview process and he was flexible with times. Did not have to go through HR before meeting with PI.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our research? What draws you to being a research assistant? Where do you see yourself in the future.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview first, head of lab explained what kind of job it was. Was invited to more formal interview where I can "see if it's really not for me." In-person interview with head of lab, then went to office to meet current research assistants. Interview questions were straight forward, but there was blatant racial stereotyping. Saw some patients. Was told I would be contacted within two months because there are lot of other candidates for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Health (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

We talked about the job and its qualifications as well as my own background in the field. It was a very good experience; In addition, they talked of the many different programs the hospital offered as well as CME.