NYU (New York University) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Interviews at NYU (New York University)

2.6

Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

First submitted online including multiple statements of purpose, a curriculum vitae, and three recommendations. Had one Skype interview with a panel of specialists from different departments. Was about an hour long and interviewers took turn asking various questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about experience with collaborative projects and initiatives.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Okay, talked to me by phone and asked the standard questions. Walk me through your resume, why did you apply, what technologies you use... etc. etc. Was pretty fast in response time.

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (Boston, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

The principal Investigator conducted the interview. She got in touch via email about a week after application submission. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with lots of time for questions and was overall not a stressful experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe one recent research experience you've had?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interviews. The questions were mostly the same. I had a phone screen, met with the committee, met with the team, and then met again with the committee.

Easy Tech Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

One recruiter call, brought to campus and got all interviews done with on the same day. I was offered the position the same day, and started on Monday after an offer on a Friday. I don't believe this was typical, but the process moved very, very fast for me.

Interview

The interview just consisted of availability, interests, and past experience. The interview is with a supervisor and their supervisor. Very relaxed feel. Questions about both cv and cover letter were asked and expected to be elaborated on.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked me questions and I replied with answers. They wanted to know about my relevant job experience and skills. I did One phone interview and two in person interviews

Technical Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I was brought on to a project based on past volunteer work I had done, so there was no real interview process since they knew my work and skill set.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Fairly common interview questions. However a few arbitrary questions that did not have anything to do with the position specifically. Person doing the phone screen also did not have any specifics about the position which was not helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you think are important in regards to communication?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

The position is offered to students that performed well in the class. I received an email from my professor asking for applications. The process is easy and straightforward: send cover letter and resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach this class?
      How was your performance in the class?
      topics that interest the most   Answer Question