NYU (New York University) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.6

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Applied through email after hearing that a position was empty for one of the classes. To apply to this position, you must have taken that class with a grade above B+. You need a recommendation letter from a professor from that department as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a concept from your subject.   1 Answer

Admissions Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an online application where you told them about yourselves. After that, there was an online interview where you submitted 3-5 questions about yourself. Then there was a group interview with around 9 people where they gave you potential scenarios and you had to react to them.

Interview Questions

• How you would react if a person rang the hotline complaining that their child was rejected   Answer Question

Academic Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a thoughtful and thorough screening interview. The scheduling process and requests for references was well-organized and professional. The recruiter gave useful and informative feedback about the suitability of the role following the interview

Interview Questions

• What about this job do you think would be the most and least exciting? What would you say is the biggest challenge you have faced in your current role?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview, had the interview a few days later by phone because I was out of town and was assured I would personally be notified if I was chosen to go on to the next round or not. It has been weeks and haven't yet received any communication either way, and no response to a polite inquiry. Didn't ask me many questions in the interview mostly told me about the job duties and what they were looking for, but didn't give me much room to respond.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous jobs and responsibilities
      Have you had to deal with customers who are less than pleasant?   Answer Question

Laboratory Manager Interview

Interview

It's generally a two to three part process. First you meet with the department's associate director - she's amazing and kind. but make sure you're on point and confident. Then you'll meet with HR who's really there to make sure your employment transition is smooth.

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

i applied on career net and got an email to set up an interview. the interview went for about 30 minutes and it was a comfortable atmosphere. The interviewer made me feel less nervous.

Application

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following week to set up an in person interview. I met with an HR rep and an Associate Director of the school. The interview went very well. standard questions with no real curveballs. Both were very nice and made me feel comfortable. After that I never heard back. It took me emailing two weeks later to figure out what was going on. They responded with they enjoyed my interview, but decided on someone else. What irked me is that I had to reach out to the school to find out the decision. That is completely unacceptable. There is no reason to not hear back from a job you interview for. Liked the interview , but that ruined the whole experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process went well...I found the questions to be a little condescending when there is a resume in front of them. The interviewers seemed very happy to work there. They had been there for years and pushed that they are looking for "lifers"

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Google Calendar and platform?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

I am a perfect candidate but the interview process is computerized, non personal. In short, unless a human is reading over my resume, I am getting passed by. It is bias. I wasn't given a fair chance and have more experience than the job dictates.

Application

Interview

I went to three rounds:
    One with the HR rep. Then onto the specific department. Then I had to interview with the HR higher up. It was an overall very good experience. Thank you.