NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 478 of over 478 interviews

Interviews at NYU (New York University)

Positive72%
Negative11%
Neutral17%
Applied online59%
Campus Recruiting17%
Employee Referral9%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NYU (New York University)

NYU (New York University)

Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

Looked online and then performed the interview online. The process overall was a bit slower then I expected but the interview was done very professionally. It is best to prepare many different questions for the given committee.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you are NYU material?
    Answer Question

NYU (New York University)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

It was an easy process and the interviewers were very much engaged. They made me feel comfortable as well. Great environment to be part and the staff was very supportive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NYU (New York University)

Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

The interviewer was incredibly passionate about their department's work. The conversation flowed with ease and they introduced applicants to the other staff working in the department. They were friendly and asked thought-provoking questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once. How did you prioritize your tasks?

NYU (New York University)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

This is a straightforward process. Went through two rounds. No testing component. The job posting can be vague, but you learn more about specific job responsibilities during the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NYU (New York University)

Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

Quick and efficient, did not take too long to schedule each round of interviews. Constant communication between the hiring manager and committee. Sent rejection with auto-email, after completing many interview rounds.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NYU (New York University)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

It was very laid back. Focused on strengths, weaknesses, and future outlook. Spent time going over my previous research work and what we will possibly be focusing on in the future.

Interview Questions
  • The question that I enjoyed the most was pertaining to my research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY)

Interview

Different units within the university have different HR points of contact, FYI, so this might not be indicative of the entire university... but for anonymity's sake, I won't name the specific division. I applied to this role about a month before receiving a request to interview from HR. The initial phone screen with HR was very standard - nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary. From there, things got a bit weird. I was invited to move on to the next round (a Zoom call with the hiring manager) but was told that they wanted to move quickly, so they asked for my availability that same week. I told them I couldn't do that and needed to push it to the following week. They agreed and the call was also one that was pretty expected - nothing out of the ordinary. The HM mentioned that that was the first of three rounds with the team not counting the HR rep. After that way, I was invited to move on to the third round, but they again pressed that they wanted to do it that same week - within days of the original - and that it would include a presentation. I pushed back to try and delay to the following week so that I had time to prepare but they pushed back, as well, and we ended up doing it on Friday (the previous round was on that Monday). After the panel interview/presentation, HR scheduled a follow up call in which I asked what the third round would entail. They were confused, so I explained what the HM had said. She said that she would get back to me with clarification but never did. I followed up a week later and didn't receive a reply, so I followed up again the following week and was told after a few more days that they had decided to promote someone internally. It seemed a bit weird to me that HR and the hiring team didn't appear to be on the same page about what the process entailed...

Interview Questions
  • From the research you've done about the team, what has surprised you the most about us?

NYU (New York University)

Application

I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

The interview assesses the candidates' ability to teach children knowledge, explaining difficult concepts in a simple and fun way. The interviewer will ask the candidate to give a sample class.

Interview Questions
  • Pick a physic theory and teach it to me like you would do it to the children.

NYU (New York University)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

Met with a member of NYU’s talent acquisition team before meeting interviewers. During my interview I sat across from two main people who heads internal events. Everyone I interacted with were kind and friendly. The interview did take close to an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to work history that relates to role as well as a fun fact about self

NYU (New York University)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview

The interview process was really long, it took me months. At the same time, it was really interesting, at least for me. I had the privilege to meet all the team and also the students (they also interviewed me).

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself. Tell us about your work experience. How do you manage/What would you do in "this" specific situation? What are the things you like the most and the least in your work? Do you have experience in "this" specific subject?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 478 Interviews