NYU (New York University) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2018

2.6

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later I had gotten an email requesting to come in for an interview. The interview went very positive in my opinion. I prepared a lot for it so there weren't any questions that threw me off. I interviewed with two staff members and the exchange was very positive with compliments on my answers, agreements and positive body language. It lasted about 30 minutes and I was told that I would be contacted in about four weeks as they hope to have the position filled in about four to six weeks. A thank you email was sent the next day.

As four weeks passed I sent the interviewer an email to follow up and to reiterate my interest in working for NYU. Unfortunately, I did not receive a response. I waited two weeks and left the interviewer a voice mail to follow up again, and I never received a response to that.

I am still giving this a positive interview experience, but to anyone who goes through the interview process, I am just giving a heads up to you that despite your best efforts you may not receive a response when you follow up.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about NYU?

Tell us about a difficult experience with a client/customer?

What are you looking for in a manager?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Internal hire through a department. Filled out an application and was informed 3-4 weeks later. Probably helped by being an undergraduate. Asked about teaching experience and coursework experience, why I wanted to join. Typical interview stuff

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The position was in the Global Institute for Advanced Study on their "future of work" project. Skype call with a professor in philosophy who apparently is quite famous in his field, but his work is so distant from my own that I had never heard of him. AFAIK, the 30 minute Skype appointment was the extent of the interview process for a 1-2 year postdoc. Questions felt like they were intended to figure out my intellectual prowess, virtually nothing about my CV or research skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important developments in your field as they relate to this project? Can you tell me about any literature on effective initiatives to improve job quality? What do you think the most promising policy interventions would be to address these challenges?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. The first step was the submission of my resume to the department head, followed by e-mail exchanges, an in-person interview, and, finally, submission of work samples.

Interview Questions

• What would you syllabus for the course include?   1 Answer

Learning Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Applied through email after hearing that a position was empty for one of the classes. To apply to this position, you must have taken that class with a grade above B+. You need a recommendation letter from a professor from that department as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain a concept from your subject.   1 Answer

Admissions Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an online application where you told them about yourselves. After that, there was an online interview where you submitted 3-5 questions about yourself. Then there was a group interview with around 9 people where they gave you potential scenarios and you had to react to them.

Interview Questions

• How you would react if a person rang the hotline complaining that their child was rejected   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

First, there was an Online Programming round. After 15 days they have a telephonic call (HR). After 1 week they have a coding round at their workplace. They give you 3-4 questions in the first coding round. And then in the 2nd coding round they have Aptitude test, programming test and then a coding round (3-4) questions.

Interview Questions

• Buyer seller problem. Calculate number of un-expired apples left after each buy   Answer Question

Academic Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a thoughtful and thorough screening interview. The scheduling process and requests for references was well-organized and professional. The recruiter gave useful and informative feedback about the suitability of the role following the interview

Interview Questions

• What about this job do you think would be the most and least exciting? What would you say is the biggest challenge you have faced in your current role?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview, had the interview a few days later by phone because I was out of town and was assured I would personally be notified if I was chosen to go on to the next round or not. It has been weeks and haven't yet received any communication either way, and no response to a polite inquiry. Didn't ask me many questions in the interview mostly told me about the job duties and what they were looking for, but didn't give me much room to respond.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous jobs and responsibilities
      Have you had to deal with customers who are less than pleasant?   Answer Question

Laboratory Manager Interview

Interview

It's generally a two to three part process. First you meet with the department's associate director - she's amazing and kind. but make sure you're on point and confident. Then you'll meet with HR who's really there to make sure your employment transition is smooth.