NYU (New York University) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had to take a written exam consisting of questions related to technical problems that may occur at the library. Then I was interviewed by 3 supervisors at the same time in a large conference room. They mostly asked questions related to the information i provided in my resume.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous job experience help you with this new job?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back after 1+ week to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in person interview with three people. They were all nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted a panel of two department managers who didn't possess good interviewing skills. Didn't get feed back about the position until six weeks after the interview. After contacting one of my panel interviewers every week for six weeks, I was contacted by the personnel department and this is where I underwent a behavioral interview. I was offered the position during the interview, informed that the position was a unionized position so the salary was set and non-negotiable. I accepted the position and was given a start date for two weeks after that interview. So the entire process took eight week from initial interview to start date.

Interview Questions

• Questions at initial interview were completely silly, didn't follow any interview formats I've ever encountered previously or since. At the subsequent interview I was asked what would former clients of my previous employer say was my best attribute.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations as the position was a union position.

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

there were 2 interviewers. one interviewer asks 10 questions while the other ask 4 questions. they are simple questions that can be said in one sentence. The whole process was atleast 30 minutes long but wasnt hard. overall, good experience. i was hired couple days later. there was no need for preparation for the interview. try looking up the people who interview you just incase

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview has been by Skype in an informal way with my actual boss. We discuss my work as a PhD student and which subject I could be interest during my postdoc.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted on the phone by the lab manager. We had a casual conversation about some experiences on my resume. Following this I had a one one in person interviewing asking about my past research experiences and my educational background. They seemed to be checking if I was aware of basic lab techniques and protocols.

Interview Questions

• What are some lab methods you are able to perform yourself, explain them to me   Answer Question

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for a research assistant position at Wagner school of Public Policy. The interview was short. They needed somebody with very specific data management skills. The building is very nice and my interviewer was very courteous but straighforward. I has some of the skills they needed but was not a perfect fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience working with multi level models, random and fixed effects.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

It took a while for them to respond to my application but when I heard from them, scheduling the interview was fast and easy. I interviewed with the team of two- the director and his associate-that I was going to work with. They were super professional but the interview was conversational and that took the edge off. The chat was delightful and less than a couple of weeks later I head back from them with an offer.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

3 interviews, final interview took an entire day. None of the interviewers were technical so they really didn't know what to ask. Note this was obviously for a technical position.

Interview Questions

• how do you work with non-technical people? Most questions were repeated throughout the day by different panelists. Some panelists basically talked to each other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you talk to someone from HR, you are likely getting pretty close to a final offer when they call you. If you talk to the hiring manager, you likely have a lot more room to negotiate

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The process took about 3 months from first interview to job offer. I met with same person twice and then finally had my interview with HR. I believe people usually interview with HR as part of screening process, but my interview process was done in reverse and meeting with HR person felt like just a technicality.