NYU (New York University) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.6

Administrative Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Applied online and got a call back the week after to schedule a phone interview. The interview itself was generic, but the experience also felt detached. Pretty much asked for an overview of all my experience from oldest to newest.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in this specific department?   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call that day. We scheduled an interview the next day but the hiring manager called last minute to push the interview back a week. The following week I received a call and the interview was pretty straight forward. I wasn't asked about any of my past experience, just generic interview questions. I was told there were more people to interview and I would hear back either way. I knew with that response that I probably didn't get it. I got an email a week later saying they found someone else.

Recruiting Co Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and straightforward interview - met with all reps of the recruiting team. Had one 1:1 interview and a following panel interview with the recruiting team. Asked mostly behavioral questions. Total interview process did not last more than a week. Learned about outcome within a couple days of final interview.

Dental Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Interviewed for Pediatric Dental Residency Position at New York University College of Dentistry. The interview process was very relaxed and there weren't any trick questions. The questions were geared towards getting to know your personality.

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone screen by an employee in the department, then was invited for a panel in person interview a week later. It consisted of meeting all the managers of the individual departments who I'd be working for as well as the Dean of the school. I was there for a little over 2 hours and it wasn't too bad because the people seemed really supportive and informative about what they wanted from the position and overall what they were looking for. After the in person interview, I received an online assessment and then they requested to do a background check and contact my references. A little over a week later they called and offered me the job, however I accepted another job in another department because I believed it would better fit my long term goals. It was a great experience though and the hiring process was fast compared to everything I've heard about NYU's normal process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very basic questions. What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? What were my daily tasks at previous jobs? How did I handle angry customers? What do I value most in the work place? Why did I want to work at NYU?   Answer Question

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was scheduled for the interview a week later. I was interviewed by two people in the first interview. About two weeks later, I was scheduled for the second interview with the director. The staff members were nice and knowledgeable. They asked typical interview questions and nothing tricky. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain your organizational process.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you made a mistake, and what you did afterward   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment at work?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called to have an exploratory interview for this position. I did not apply for the position. A human resources representative called me, told me that she saw my resume in the system, and asked if I was interested in an exploratory interview. I said yes, and we scheduled a phone interview for that day. Approximately two weeks later I was contacted by the same representative from HR. She said that they would like to bring me in for an interview with staff members and asked me for times and dates that I was available. After giving them days/times that I was available, I was told that someone else would call me to schedule the interview. I never heard from them again. And oh, someone from Stern took the time to email me through my LinkedIn page and try to get me to sign up for a $5400 seminar covering topics that I already covered in my MS degree (listed on my resume).

Interview Questions

• What is the least amount of money you would take for the position?
      Can you commit to the position for two years?
      Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

It's a process. Meet with manager then have to wait for another separate interview with Human Resources and you may have to take a typing test prior to that interview

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

It was just a single interview (which was comparatively easy) and then results after a week! Very friendly! I was asked questions that were relevant to the position I applied for.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email within 2 weeks. I was asked to interview very last minute through email. Went and met with the manager, the whole interview process took about 20-39 minutes