NYU (New York University) Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs, Office of the Provost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs, Office of the Provost

Interviews at NYU (New York University)

1 Interview Review

5.0

Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs, Office of the Provost Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application with resume and cover letter in February 2011. I was then contacted in mid-March for a phone interview for 30 minutes when I was asked a series of questions from the hiring manager. I was then invited to a 1:1 in-person interview with the hiring manager for a 45 minute interview. I was then asked to come back a couple weeks later for a series of interviews with 5 Directors and VP's which took a total of 2+hours. I was then asked to come back the next day for a 1.5 hour Excel and Writing test to prove my skills (I have an MBA from NYU, the hiring school). On the same day as the skills test, I had a conversation with the hiring manager during which time I asked for more detailed explanation of what my daily responsibilities would be, instead of answering the question, I was asked "Well are you going to take the job or not and if you do, are you gonna leave after 6 months which would bring us back to square 1." Alarmed by the hostility, I simply answered "I am still very much interested in the position but not knowing what the salary or benefits are, I would really need more information to take all things under consideration." I was then asked for 3 reference checks and after providing contact info for each, two and a half weeks later, I was told that my references would have to include my current manager even though I had not even received a job offer yet. After expressing that I cannot allow NYU to contact my current manager without an offer of employment, I was then emailed a job offer in May 2011 2+months after my initial phone interview in March 2011. When I asked if the salary and start date were negotiable (10% increase of offer salary and 1 week later of start date), instead of being told that the terms were not negotiable, the job offer was completely rescinded without explanation but the hiring manager made sure that I knew that a hard copy of the "rescission letter" would be sent to my home via USPS even though what had been the offer letter had only been emailed to me (not mailed) just 3 days earlier. I was never referred or given access to an HR PROFESSIONAL through this entire process. The manager who I would have reported directly to if I got the job was my only point of contact for employment negotiations. After taking 3 days out of my current job over the course of 2+months to interview with NYU and take excel/writing tests, I was given an offer of employment and 3 days later it was rescinded without explanation because I reasonably tried to negotiate my terms of employment. I am an NYU alumnus with an MBA from the Stern School of Business. I have never been treated with such disregard and have never wasted my time recruiting like this before.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
  • What are we gonna do if you take the job and leave in 6 months for something better?   1 Answer