NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Recruiting Co Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and straightforward interview - met with all reps of the recruiting team. Had one 1:1 interview and a following panel interview with the recruiting team. Asked mostly behavioral questions. Total interview process did not last more than a week. Learned about outcome within a couple days of final interview.

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone screen by an employee in the department, then was invited for a panel in person interview a week later. It consisted of meeting all the managers of the individual departments who I'd be working for as well as the Dean of the school. I was there for a little over 2 hours and it wasn't too bad because the people seemed really supportive and informative about what they wanted from the position and overall what they were looking for. After the in person interview, I received an online assessment and then they requested to do a background check and contact my references. A little over a week later they called and offered me the job, however I accepted another job in another department because I believed it would better fit my long term goals. It was a great experience though and the hiring process was fast compared to everything I've heard about NYU's normal process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very basic questions. What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? What were my daily tasks at previous jobs? How did I handle angry customers? What do I value most in the work place? Why did I want to work at NYU?   Answer Question

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was scheduled for the interview a week later. I was interviewed by two people in the first interview. About two weeks later, I was scheduled for the second interview with the director. The staff members were nice and knowledgeable. They asked typical interview questions and nothing tricky. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain your organizational process.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you made a mistake, and what you did afterward   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment at work?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called to have an exploratory interview for this position. I did not apply for the position. A human resources representative called me, told me that she saw my resume in the system, and asked if I was interested in an exploratory interview. I said yes, and we scheduled a phone interview for that day. Approximately two weeks later I was contacted by the same representative from HR. She said that they would like to bring me in for an interview with staff members and asked me for times and dates that I was available. After giving them days/times that I was available, I was told that someone else would call me to schedule the interview. I never heard from them again. And oh, someone from Stern took the time to email me through my LinkedIn page and try to get me to sign up for a $5400 seminar covering topics that I already covered in my MS degree (listed on my resume).

Interview Questions

• What is the least amount of money you would take for the position?
      Can you commit to the position for two years?
      Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the NYU Career Net Website and submit the resume to the employer. After several days, the advisor in the department will contact you for offering the position you applied

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was kind of laid-back and not stressful at all. It lasted around 45-50 minutes. I was interviewed by the PI and it was a pleasant experience. For this position, a second round of interviews was conducted. I'm still waiting to hear back on whether or not I advanced to the second round!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR and then I was scheduled for an interview with two people on the team and talked about my work and the skills I've learned. Then briefly talked about the job and the responsibilities. Then after a couple weeks, I was offered a second interview with the head of the department for a Personality Quiz and talked more in detail about the job.

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

A person from HR called to schedule an initial screening and another person called few days later. I also took computer assessment tests and waiting to hear back from them.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The process started with a quick, qualifying phone call. The follow-up/second round were two in-person interviews in groups. It was a casual setting. First, I met with a group of would-be colleagues who asked questions about my work style, how I work on teams, etc. After, I met with the two would-be managers. They asked more difficult questions about my experience working with students and managing student workers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake at work. How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in May online and was contacted a day or two later for a phone screening. It went well and I was invited for a second interview a few weeks later which also went well. I was invited to have a third interview a few weeks after that which unfortunately didn't go perfectly, but I was still hopeful. Despite following up twice in the following weeks, no one responded to my messages and I was never notified of the decision. I had to take off work on three separate occasions for these interviews so any notification would have been appreciated, even if it was a rejection.