NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to three rounds:
    One with the HR rep. Then onto the specific department. Then I had to interview with the HR higher up. It was an overall very good experience. Thank you.

Graduate Associate Interview

Application

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. The department wanted to find out what type of experience I had with organization events and I had substantial experience. We discussed the type of events I had been part of and involved with and the role I took in those projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event you worked on and what was your role?   1 Answer

Population Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online and sending in my resume and cover letter, the organization's talent manager reached out to me via email for a phone interview. The phone interview took place two days later and lasted less than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did I find this opportunity?
      Tell me about your most recent experience?
      Tell me about your data analysis skills?
      What salary would you request?
      How soon will you be able to work?
      If we asked for proof of ability to work in the US, would you be able to provide it?
      Are you in need of Visa sponsorship?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back after 1+ week to set up a phone interview. I was then invited for an in person interview with three people. They were all nice and welcoming.

Senior Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Senior HR Generalist for a brief phone interview before being scheduled to meet with the HR Senior Manager and HR Director. The interview was straight forward, no super challenging questions. I thought I had a nice rapport with both Managers and I expected to be contacted for a second interview. However, similar to other candidates, I did not receive any follow up at all. Even if I was not selected, it would have been nice for them to close the loop. The NYU HR Dept has always had a reputation for not following up.

Interview Questions

• Describe the recruitment process at your last job? What was your involvement with performance management? Describe a time that you had to work with a difficult Manager and get their but in for an idea.   Answer Question

Computer IT Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

After sending my application by email, I was contacted for an interview. I found it refreshing that both the supervisor and work colleague I would be assisting shared their own stories .

Interview Questions

• They asked about a detailed experience I had previously working as a consultant at a computer lab.   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email and phone call to set up interview the following week. Attended interview hosted by office managers and not HR. It was okay but not exactly what I was expecting.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 people. HR called all three of my references, had extensive conversations with them, then made me an offer for the job. I was thrilled. I spoke with HR about benefits, then HR called again to ask me my current salary (now an illegal question) and what I contribute to my 401K at my present job! I was floored.
      But this was my dream job, and I was going to accept it. They told me an offer letter would come that afternoon. Except it didn't. Instead, HR called the next morning they told me they made an offer to someone else. I could not believe my ears. We even had a start date. Thank GOD I did not give notice at my present job. It was the worst and most unprofessional process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to commute to nyc?   1 Answer

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Very intensive process overall. There were several interviews both on the phone and in person. It included a presentation and meeting with several staff members. It could be intimidating so and challenging so it is definitely necessary to do a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a major project or event that you have worked on and how did you make it successful?   Answer Question

Phonathon Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

It was essentially a group interview. They want to verify you'll garner donations and not freak out if callers curse at you or call you out. Just stay calm and stick to the script.

Interview Questions

• What if someone tries to rush you off the phone, how would you handle that?   1 Answer