NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was scheduled for the interview a week later. I was interviewed by two people in the first interview. About two weeks later, I was scheduled for the second interview with the director. The staff members were nice and knowledgeable. They asked typical interview questions and nothing tricky. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain your organizational process.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you made a mistake, and what you did afterward   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment at work?   1 Answer

Assistant Director of Alumni Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called to have an exploratory interview for this position. I did not apply for the position. A human resources representative called me, told me that she saw my resume in the system, and asked if I was interested in an exploratory interview. I said yes, and we scheduled a phone interview for that day. Approximately two weeks later I was contacted by the same representative from HR. She said that they would like to bring me in for an interview with staff members and asked me for times and dates that I was available. After giving them days/times that I was available, I was told that someone else would call me to schedule the interview. I never heard from them again. And oh, someone from Stern took the time to email me through my LinkedIn page and try to get me to sign up for a $5400 seminar covering topics that I already covered in my MS degree (listed on my resume).

Interview Questions

• What is the least amount of money you would take for the position?
      Can you commit to the position for two years?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was kind of laid-back and not stressful at all. It lasted around 45-50 minutes. I was interviewed by the PI and it was a pleasant experience. For this position, a second round of interviews was conducted. I'm still waiting to hear back on whether or not I advanced to the second round!

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

A person from HR called to schedule an initial screening and another person called few days later. I also took computer assessment tests and waiting to hear back from them.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in May online and was contacted a day or two later for a phone screening. It went well and I was invited for a second interview a few weeks later which also went well. I was invited to have a third interview a few weeks after that which unfortunately didn't go perfectly, but I was still hopeful. Despite following up twice in the following weeks, no one responded to my messages and I was never notified of the decision. I had to take off work on three separate occasions for these interviews so any notification would have been appreciated, even if it was a rejection.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour, was pretty standard and structured to follow a series of questions that everybody had to go through. It generally had a positive note and was moving smoothly. It was clear that a fit of research interests between the lab and myself was important to the employer and was highlighted throughout.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, why I wanted to position, to describe a time I had to resolve a conflict, etc.   Answer Question

Equal Opportunity Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to screen for a potential interview. I was given a Skype interview a week later and was told that I would be contacted early the next week to know the status of the interview and position. I never received a phone call, even after I emailed two weeks after the follow up was supposed to happen, and I still received no reply. I found out the position had been filled after I logged on to the website- no email, no phone call, nothing at all. If this is how they treat the applicant pool, I feel sorry for the person who got the job and relieved to not be working for such a disrespectful, incompetent organization.

Interview Questions

• What is a micro aggression?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst At College of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Right at the beginning of the interview, I was told that people who come from a corporate do not fit well at NYU although my resume states clearly my work experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email same day as I applied (I am an NYU alum). I completed a telephone interview, then was called in for in person interviews with two deans, a director, and an Assistant VP. The interviews are all one-on-one. Everyone made me feel comfortable and engaged.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for NYU?   1 Answer
    • How does my experience (not from an academia background) translate to this role?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with a panel of three people: a manager, a director and someone with the same level job as I applied for. It was a laid back atmosphere, where each person asked a couple of questions, most of them were scenario-based. They mentioned they wanted to hire someone within a week or two. After three weeks, the position was withdrawn and they hired no one.

Interview Questions

• Which of your qualities would your past co-workers say is the best thing you bring to a team? And which of your qualities would they say needs work?   Answer Question