NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

188 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Computer IT Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

After sending my application by email, I was contacted for an interview. I found it refreshing that both the supervisor and work colleague I would be assisting shared their own stories .

Interview Questions

• They asked about a detailed experience I had previously working as a consultant at a computer lab.   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email and phone call to set up interview the following week. Attended interview hosted by office managers and not HR. It was okay but not exactly what I was expecting.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 people. HR called all three of my references, had extensive conversations with them, then made me an offer for the job. I was thrilled. I spoke with HR about benefits, then HR called again to ask me my current salary (now an illegal question) and what I contribute to my 401K at my present job! I was floored.
      But this was my dream job, and I was going to accept it. They told me an offer letter would come that afternoon. Except it didn't. Instead, HR called the next morning they told me they made an offer to someone else. I could not believe my ears. We even had a start date. Thank GOD I did not give notice at my present job. It was the worst and most unprofessional process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to commute to nyc?   1 Answer

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Very intensive process overall. There were several interviews both on the phone and in person. It included a presentation and meeting with several staff members. It could be intimidating so and challenging so it is definitely necessary to do a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a major project or event that you have worked on and how did you make it successful?   Answer Question

Phonathon Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

It was essentially a group interview. They want to verify you'll garner donations and not freak out if callers curse at you or call you out. Just stay calm and stick to the script.

Interview Questions

• What if someone tries to rush you off the phone, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First received a phone call after a few days of submitting an online application. They then asked me to come into the office so I had to fly in on a Sunday for a Monday interview. Met with HR first and they then showed me around to other departments that had similar openings. I then got called back for a second in person interview, third interview in total where I met with an executive. They then called me back about references and would let me know about their decision pending the results from the references.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your organizational skills?   Answer Question
    • What are some good characteristics you possess that would compliment this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Summer RA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat down with 2 residence hall directors. They each asked about 7 questions, ranging from behavior and personality to what I would do in a certain situation. They were very nice. Even though they asked questions, it was very conversational and led by the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to build a strong community with your residents and fellow co-workers?   Answer Question

Recruiting Co Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple and straightforward interview - met with all reps of the recruiting team. Had one 1:1 interview and a following panel interview with the recruiting team. Asked mostly behavioral questions. Total interview process did not last more than a week. Learned about outcome within a couple days of final interview.

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got a phone screen by an employee in the department, then was invited for a panel in person interview a week later. It consisted of meeting all the managers of the individual departments who I'd be working for as well as the Dean of the school. I was there for a little over 2 hours and it wasn't too bad because the people seemed really supportive and informative about what they wanted from the position and overall what they were looking for. After the in person interview, I received an online assessment and then they requested to do a background check and contact my references. A little over a week later they called and offered me the job, however I accepted another job in another department because I believed it would better fit my long term goals. It was a great experience though and the hiring process was fast compared to everything I've heard about NYU's normal process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very basic questions. What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? What were my daily tasks at previous jobs? How did I handle angry customers? What do I value most in the work place? Why did I want to work at NYU?   Answer Question

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and was scheduled for the interview a week later. I was interviewed by two people in the first interview. About two weeks later, I was scheduled for the second interview with the director. The staff members were nice and knowledgeable. They asked typical interview questions and nothing tricky. It was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain your organizational process.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you made a mistake, and what you did afterward   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment at work?   1 Answer