NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

192 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

K12 STEM Instructor At NYU Tandon Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Dropped CV on the portal. Received an interview call. The interviewer was not really interested, so asked another employee to interview me, and asked me relevant questions and I received an offer in the end.

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to three rounds:
    One with the HR rep. Then onto the specific department. Then I had to interview with the HR higher up. It was an overall very good experience. Thank you.

Graduate Associate Interview

Application

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. The department wanted to find out what type of experience I had with organization events and I had substantial experience. We discussed the type of events I had been part of and involved with and the role I took in those projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event you worked on and what was your role?   1 Answer

Population Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online and sending in my resume and cover letter, the organization's talent manager reached out to me via email for a phone interview. The phone interview took place two days later and lasted less than 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did I find this opportunity?
      Tell me about your most recent experience?
      Tell me about your data analysis skills?
      What salary would you request?
      How soon will you be able to work?
      If we asked for proof of ability to work in the US, would you be able to provide it?
      Are you in need of Visa sponsorship?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Computer IT Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

After sending my application by email, I was contacted for an interview. I found it refreshing that both the supervisor and work colleague I would be assisting shared their own stories .

Interview Questions

• They asked about a detailed experience I had previously working as a consultant at a computer lab.   Answer Question

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email and phone call to set up interview the following week. Attended interview hosted by office managers and not HR. It was okay but not exactly what I was expecting.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview with 3 people. HR called all three of my references, had extensive conversations with them, then made me an offer for the job. I was thrilled. I spoke with HR about benefits, then HR called again to ask me my current salary (now an illegal question) and what I contribute to my 401K at my present job! I was floored.
      But this was my dream job, and I was going to accept it. They told me an offer letter would come that afternoon. Except it didn't. Instead, HR called the next morning they told me they made an offer to someone else. I could not believe my ears. We even had a start date. Thank GOD I did not give notice at my present job. It was the worst and most unprofessional process I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to commute to nyc?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

on campus job just one round interview just work through resume and familiar with what they are doing and then give them the decision. after graduate transfer to part time employee

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

full day process. Process is different by academic unit or department. Interview was broken into sessions with different stakeholders. Whole process included two phone screens and one on site interview. First phone screen was with HR, then hiring manager, then basically the entire team.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by non-technical staff so I didn't get any tech questions. Everything was about culture.   Answer Question

Summer RA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Sat down with 2 residence hall directors. They each asked about 7 questions, ranging from behavior and personality to what I would do in a certain situation. They were very nice. Even though they asked questions, it was very conversational and led by the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How would you work to build a strong community with your residents and fellow co-workers?   Answer Question