NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about three weeks later for a phone screen. Upon successfully passing the phone screen, I was invited to interview with the hiring committee. Due to scheduling conflicts (on my end), I was unable to interview in person for about three weeks past their requested date, to which they were extremely accommodating. The hiring committee interview was conducted by the HR generalist, the manager in the department to whom I will report, and the department vice dean. They were all very nice and the interview was straightforward. I was offered the position later the day via phone.

Associate Professor: School of Professional Studies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview I had at NYU ranks as one of the worst unprofessional interviews I have ever been on. I had to jump through hoops for several months with panel interviews and one on ones and in the end when NYU was ready to offer me the job I was so frustrated with their behavior. I ran away from the place thinking it was really poorly run and hiring was not a priority or they were not clear about the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very high level and they lacked depth in the discipline as most of the folks on the team had been out of the workforce for a while but yet the school prides itself on hiring professionals. Also the culture was very rigid and they were into the process for the process' sake. Many unqualified people to judge the nature of the subject matter. I walked away feeling like even if an A candidate was starring them in the face they would have no ability to recognize it. Very low paying positions compared to what the skills are worth in the industry. SPS is not accredited by AACSB and other major accrediting bodies and it shows. The entire culture seemed run by the seat of the pants and they lacked many qualified people despite the demand for the courses in their program. They really showed me a gross disregard for people. They didn't show teamwork and collaboration and they didn't respond to queries about the status of the process. Very Very Impersonal Place. Gross disregard for people as a critical business/organizational asset.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Took about an hour, was pretty standard and structured to follow a series of questions that everybody had to go through. It generally had a positive note and was moving smoothly. It was clear that a fit of research interests between the lab and myself was important to the employer and was highlighted throughout.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, why I wanted to position, to describe a time I had to resolve a conflict, etc.   Answer Question

Equal Opportunity Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to screen for a potential interview. I was given a Skype interview a week later and was told that I would be contacted early the next week to know the status of the interview and position. I never received a phone call, even after I emailed two weeks after the follow up was supposed to happen, and I still received no reply. I found out the position had been filled after I logged on to the website- no email, no phone call, nothing at all. If this is how they treat the applicant pool, I feel sorry for the person who got the job and relieved to not be working for such a disrespectful, incompetent organization.

Interview Questions

• What is a micro aggression?   1 Answer

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had to take a written exam consisting of questions related to technical problems that may occur at the library. Then I was interviewed by 3 supervisors at the same time in a large conference room. They mostly asked questions related to the information i provided in my resume.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous job experience help you with this new job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst At College of Nursing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Right at the beginning of the interview, I was told that people who come from a corporate do not fit well at NYU although my resume states clearly my work experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email same day as I applied (I am an NYU alum). I completed a telephone interview, then was called in for in person interviews with two deans, a director, and an Assistant VP. The interviews are all one-on-one. Everyone made me feel comfortable and engaged.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for NYU?   1 Answer
    • How does my experience (not from an academia background) translate to this role?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview with a panel of three people: a manager, a director and someone with the same level job as I applied for. It was a laid back atmosphere, where each person asked a couple of questions, most of them were scenario-based. They mentioned they wanted to hire someone within a week or two. After three weeks, the position was withdrawn and they hired no one.

Interview Questions

• Which of your qualities would your past co-workers say is the best thing you bring to a team? And which of your qualities would they say needs work?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a bit hectic. I was contacted five days after online application to set up phone screen three days later. I was then contacted for another phone screen via phone; an in-person panel interview with several staff members; and then another in-person meeting. I was offered job nearly four weeks after last interview. I almost gave up but it worked out in my favor. The people were nice and made for lively conversation. The interview was not easy but survived. No room to negotiate salary and there were two medium details left out in the interview process.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

questions based on the resume. everything from the resume. questions about time management and difficulty level.It was easy.Just be confident and they just see your personality. again it is very easy to get the job if you are clear about how to manage time and your studies.Just be confident and a smile.
    Thank you.