NYU (New York University) Office Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Office Assistant Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Email exchanges, and in person interview. They asked basic behavioral questions and questions related to my resume. The interview was set up after emailing my hours and availability. The interview was average and based on my resume and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with a colleague who has a difficult personality?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Email exchange about starting date and hours.

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Need for office assistant was sent out to entire dorm. Filled out online forum with resume and information and received an email to schedule an interview from the dorm supervisor. Scheduled interview and later met with supervisor. Interview went well, she was very kind and helpful with describing what the job responsibilities were. After the interview I was asked to submit my availability for the coming weeks and later received a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you balance your school work with this job? We handle sensitive student information at this office, how would you ensure that you handled this information properly and in accordance with the law? What do you think are the most important features of customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

As a full-time student, I submitted my application on NYU career net but never heard back. So I went the office directly and handed my resume to the director. She contacted couple days later and set up an interview time. The interview lasted for an hour and questions are very general. She is very nice as well.

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

It's a very easy process. They emailed me and we set a date. Then I came in and spoke to two of the people in my office. They asked the basic questions. After about 15 minutes I was done.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2008.

Interview

The hiring manager was extremely friendly and made me feel at ease. Consisted of the usual interview questions: how do you stay organized? Biggest accomplishments? Challenges? Etc. Then I got the opportunity to meet most of the other employees. The office is a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.