NYU (New York University) Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at NYU (New York University)

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The position was in the Global Institute for Advanced Study on their "future of work" project. Skype call with a professor in philosophy who apparently is quite famous in his field, but his work is so distant from my own that I had never heard of him. AFAIK, the 30 minute Skype appointment was the extent of the interview process for a 1-2 year postdoc. Questions felt like they were intended to figure out my intellectual prowess, virtually nothing about my CV or research skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important developments in your field as they relate to this project? Can you tell me about any literature on effective initiatives to improve job quality? What do you think the most promising policy interventions would be to address these challenges?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The fellowship was in Urban Policy, Urban Systems, and Urban Informatics. This was a 35 minute phone interview with one of the library deans and several librarians (the direct reports for the position). The several interviewers were in the same room and had me on speakerphone. After describing the position, they asked me about 7 or 8 questions about my qualifications, personal work strengths and weaknesses, research history, and then asked me if I had any questions. The interview went very well, but I was told by email a week later that I did not receive the position because the opening was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What do you see being particular challenges of this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted CV, Skype interview, onsite interview. it was fairly informal. I met the lab and went out for lunch and dinner with various lab members. I got flights and accommodation paid for. I was able to meet other research groups and had a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you in this role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied for unsolicited position by emailing PI. I was contacted immediately and told that a position might be available in 2-3 months after a grant was reviewed. When the grant was awarded I was contacted to set up a skype interview followed by an in person interview. It was a typical postdoc interview process: Meet with PI for about an hour. Gave a 1 hour talk about my research. Met the lab members for 15-20 minutes each. Went to lunch with a few other postdocs. Had meetings with a couple other faculty members. Went out to dinner with the whole lab. The next day a joined again for their lab meeting.

Interview Questions

• It was a very casual interview and I never got any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.