NYU (New York University) Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYU (New York University) Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2016

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email within 2 weeks. I was asked to interview very last minute through email. Went and met with the manager, the whole interview process took about 20-39 minutes

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by phone one day after, interview followed a few days later - not a formal interview but more to already talk about schedule, organization and broad introduction to the research subject

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through careernet. The Professor made an appointment with me after that. The process took a week. Talked about previous experience in resume and personal background. Discussed the research topic.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The professor asked me questions about my background and what classes I had taken in the department. He mostly explained his research to me so that I could decide whether I had the relevant background to help with his research. In the end he made sure I didn't reveal anything about his research and explained the work I would be doing and how I could contribute.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very good. Learned a lot about the office and the work culture that they wanted. They gave me a tour around the office and also introduced me to all the people that worked their. I was very pleased and the people in the office and all that Jazz. I got recommended here so that's probably they went a little easy on me. I think that everyone should apply to this company. Please just let me go.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview included e-mailing and then meeting with professor in the laboratory. The interview was straightforward and it included talking about previous research experience, papers published, etc. Interviewer was genuinely interested in what contributions I could bring to the laboratory. Had to meet the actual research staff, to see how well I get along, and was put to work next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief phone interview followed by in person interview. Took 3 weeks. The interviewer was not very responsive to emails. Took her 2 weeks to reply my email confirming the interview date/time. She scheduled me for an interview, but the night before she emailed me to ask for it to be rescheduled to another day and time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job role. What do you like about the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

send your resume to professor's official email ID, have recommendation from somebody they know, if selected, appointment is scheduled, they ask you about your academic grades and experience, any previous job/projects and knowledge about their lab research. They screen for students who might stay longer as they don't have to train again and again.