NYU (New York University) Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

1.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

interview with the professor to work under. I gave a phone interview and.was selected for another round and then was selected. Overall the process was smooth and fast. There were many applicants. I have been selected every semester from then.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

Just depend on the grade you got on specific courses, the person with highest GPA will get the job. You will have to submit resume online, then the program manager will contact you if you are selected.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

questions based on the resume. everything from the resume. questions about time management and difficulty level.It was easy.Just be confident and they just see your personality. again it is very easy to get the job if you are clear about how to manage time and your studies.Just be confident and a smile.
    Thank you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied directly to the professor assigned for the course. Emailed him and he replied to schedule an interview. During interview he asked me about my experience with the course and how it can be made better. Then was asked specific questions regarding python (loops, case statements etc).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You meet with a professor. They ask you questions about your background. You tell them about your background. They hire you. There is nothing more to it. You just need to be yourself and be qualified for the class you are TAing for.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview

I applied in CS department and the process took 1 day.
    The questions were all about my past course experience, like do I know Wireshark, java, python, what's my GPA, etc.
    You have to take this course before and get an. There are so many candidates, I feel lucky I get it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

do well in course and get interview or professor reccomendation