NYU Winthrop Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Set up the interview after employee referral. Interview was 15 minutes and very laid back. No behavioral or technical questions. Discussed past jobs and plans for the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations considered

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. Interview went well. Waited a few days then sent a thank you email, only for the recruiter to claim she emailed me a week ago to say I was not chosen. Never received said email.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital in November 2016.

Interview

It was a two step process. I applied online, it took couple days before the HR called. Once meeting with HR, she will then send you off to meet with the Nurse manager of the unit

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Received a call within 3 days of applying from HR. I had no family/ friend connections. Scheduled an interview for the following week. I interviewed for about 25 mins with HR, then I went up to the floor that I applied to and interviewed with the Nurse Manager & Nurse Manager Assistant. They showed me the unit and then told me I got the job. They also mentioned how they usually call you after the interview to tell people.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose nursing (bc I am a nursing student)?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about HIPPA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Every one is a candidate yet you have to go meet with multiple nurse managers and they have to eventually choose if they want you or not. They love to hear about how to tend to patients, reliability is key and love someone furthering their education.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a two process interview and it was very easy she asked about my other jobs and about taking vital signs she also asked why I wanted to work there and my future plans. She then told me the rate of pay and asked me what time slot I wanted to work in I chose med surg and then she sent me to meet with the med surg rn manager who was a total sweetheart. she sat me down and interview me with the Nursing Assistant head, and the Assistant Nurse Manager they were all very nice. that following Monday I got a call that I got the job. Both interviews were on the same day and very easy if you are going in it for the love of it.

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

It was fairly positive, the recruiter was knowledgeable, the hiring manager was competent on the role and the on boarding process took 3 days. I had a pleasant experience with the process.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy interview to see if I could help out as an intern in their compliance office. I was asked about why I wanted to be an intern there and what I wanted to do once I had my degree. The internship was explained to be unpaid, but agreed upon for college course credit for myself.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

A current employee recommended me. I submitted my application through the online portal. I received a call within a few days to set up an interview. The first interview was with an HR representative. Most questions were heavily based on resume (work/education history). HR then sent me to another building to meet with a department supervisor for a second interview. He did most of the talking describing the position occasionally asking me how past experiences would help me perform certain tasks. I felt he was really looking to get me into a conversation to get a reading on my personality. At the conclusion of this portion he said he'd recommend me but I'd have a final interview with his supervisor at a later date. I got a call the next day and scheduled the final interview the following week. The last interview was with both my second interviewer and his supervisor. It was very casual but again I felt they were baiting me into small talk to see my personality. I didn't hear anything for another two weeks. I contacted HR to see if a decision was made. They told me funding had not been approved for the position yet but they were expecting it soon. Two weeks later I was offered the position over the phone.

To get the job a criminal, educational and work background check were performed. A drug test and employee physical were also required.

Interview Questions

• Every question asked was pretty straight forward and predictable.   Answer Question

Materials Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (Mineola, NY).

Interview

Its not so much the Questions just being call means they think you got what it takes for the position. Winthrop Back Ground check I must say is very thorough Its more presentation after that.. you talk with HR and if you show confidence and know your stuff( why you applied for the job, experience , your future plans in terms of career) you meet with the Department head usually on the same day.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your current Employer.   1 Answer