NYX Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NYX Cosmetics Interview Questions

Interviews at NYX Cosmetics

2.2

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics.

Interview

Lol got an email asking for me to bring a model for a full make over on a first interview. How unprofessional to ask for such an elaborate interview that involves me doing work before even meeting with me. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Interview Questions

• Can you bring a model and do work on the interview?   4 Answers

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Meet&Greet, not interview. There were about 25 candidates around a table and 3 managers. We went around and introduced ourselves. They asked typical retail questions but we had to keep our answers to a minimum because of the amount of people. We were told that the meet&greet was not high stakes and everyone could potentially be hired.

Interview Questions

• What song did you listen to when getting ready for the interview this morning?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service look like?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in for an in-person interview with the store manager. Asked me pretty basic question about my past managerial experience, experience with cosmetics and customer service. It was a big plus that I had previously interviewed with NYX for a sales associate position but declined their offer of lower than what I was asking for wages, they had remembered me from that previous interview and were excited to see me again. After my interview they told me they would get back to be within 48 hours as they had a few more candidate interviews that day, but wanted to fill the position as soon as possible. I got a call the very next morning that I got the job. Overall very quick and easy process. Hiring process took about two weeks and includes a lot of paper work, a drug test, and complete background check. Quite annoying that the process was way easier than the sales associate interview that required two interviews and model application for minimum wage, honestly there are better paying entry-level cosmetic jobs.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive sales in your last job?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Torrance, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process were fairly simple. A group interview with about five questions, and then a makeup interview. After that, a drug test is required along with some online tasks you have to read and accept in order to successfully begin working.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell us one item out of your purse?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Torrance, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

You get 2 interviews. Basic interview and a makeup interview where you bring in your model and apply product. They look for product knowledge and hygiene. You don’t have to be super knowledgeable but sound confident and pretend as if you were applying product on a actual customer.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Short and simple interview process. 1st started with recruiter, 2nd company HR, 3rd district manager and finally the National Sales Manager.

Interview with District Manager and National Sales Manager were very detailed about past experiences and accomplishments.

Completed interview via Skype and phone.

Interview Questions

• How would you adjust working in a freestanding store vs a large department store   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy to talk to, hands down one of the best interview experiences ever! We covered every area about the position that you need to know, talked about the company, expectations, it was very very informative and very laid-back and comfortable at the same time.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I did an application online. They reached out to me through email. Offerrd a group interview! Interview wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. They asked basic interview questions & asked to see my makeup portfolio. Duration of interview: 15 minutes long.

Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (Commerce, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

-Easy and straight-forward questions
    -Was a quick and positive process.
    -Was interviewed by a representative who was relevant to the department I would be working for as apposed to an HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Do you currently follow any beauty/fashion bloggers/instagram accounts?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

so unprofessional. HR never got back to me for the position a week later so I emailed them, they then said they are holding off the position. Interview process was easy. Applied online, then did a couple of phone and skype interviews, then in office at el Segundo.

Interview Questions

• Describe a good or bad relationship with a boss or coworker?   Answer Question