Nabors Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.6

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nabors Industries.

Interview

Interviewed with a Sr PM who was ok. He did most of the talking about himself and didn't really ask many questions. Then after he was finished he left the room and I heard him and another individual speaking loudly , as in a heated arguement, then an Indian woman came in and she introduced herself as the Sr Director. She said that she had to "straighten out"the guy I just intrviewed with because he was behind schedule on his projects. One scary place. I would not want to work there. They seemed very unprofessional. The indian woman seemed like she was not interested in conducting the interview. This was a waste of time.
    One thing the 1st guy mentioned was that they've been through 4 - IT Directors in the last 3 years. and that the Sr Director looks to blame everyone for her mistakes. Sounds like a snake pit. Very bad and uncomfortable experience.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX).

Interview

It took HR approximately 4 months to contact me for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and not much was discussed about technical abilities. More was discussed about if my availability was flexible. I was offered a position almost a month later with surprisingly generous compensation package so I took it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work weekends? Do you know how to ping a computer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since they offered a reasonable salary, I accepted.

Automation Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Nabors recruiter will contact you via phone for initial screening. Once approved you will get a phone call from a Hiring Manager. Mostly focused on what you are currently doing. Very bad tone of voice of hiring manager not sure if that was a tactic!

Interview Questions

• Who decides what to automate ?   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very to the point, informative and friendly. My hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel welcomed to the work environment; I knew right away that I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your intended career path if you were to accept this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying for the Entry-Level Mechanical Engineering position, they flew me down to Houston to let me know they would not be hiring after the drop in oil prices. They were very frank during the interview, with very little BS HR related questions. They were adamant about knowing why I wanted to work for Nabors.

Operational Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The people were very friendly. It was more of a sit down conversation. Did not grill you on anything. They basically just wanted to know more about who you were as a person.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries in June 2014.

Interview

My interview at Nabors was a panel interview which included five managers. Initially I was told there would be one or two hiring managers in the interview and I was surprised to see all five managers sitting around the conference table. At first it seemed like an interrogation, but I just rolled with it and it was a positive experience.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via phone a few weeks after by recruiter. Set up phone interview with Manager. Interview was very easy, talked about role and what experience I had in Finance and Excel. I was contacted a few weeks later with the offer letter. Entire process was smooth with no hassle.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What excel experience do you have   Answer Question

Floorhand Interview

Interview

Put in an app got the job

Stimulation Equipment Operator/Frac Hand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Rapid City, SD) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring event was held in my home town. Hiring managers from multiple departments as well as human resources representatives on site. Met and interviewed with trucking, mechanics, and frac. I apparently need to add some more words here so I'll do that now and hopefully be allowed to submit.

Interview Questions

• CDL is a must, tanker and hazmat are preferred. can you work outside, swing a sledge hammer, lift and carry 100lbs? Work rotating schedule, two weeks on, one week off, also rotates days/nights? Paid training is provided, ten days I think. Many good people but also a few nuts. Rough industry but worth it for me. Not great for a family man, lots of divorce   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive and honest