Nalco Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nalco Water Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

TSR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Pretty casual interview. I myself asked a lot of questions about the job and what I had to offer the company with the skill set that I had gained in previous experience

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Was flown to area for ride along after phone interview. People are very nice and questions were asked during ride along session. Met with different customers and knew decision at the end of the day.

Sales Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to their information session at my university and then had a follow-up interview the next day. The interview lasted about 30 min. We went over my resume and had a casual talk. No technical or behavioral questions were asked. I was asked to wear whatever I felt most comfortable in. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally authorized to work in the US?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Interview was done face to face with two Sales Managers at a conference. It was very straight forward one on one. Interviewers were very personable and direct. The interview started off with a hand shake and introduction, followed by interview questions. questions at the end were asked and answered.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Had worked previously as an intern and left for the fall being told that they had a job for me but were finalizing the location. Came to be spring and I went on my own to find a couple openings with people I had met within Nalco. Had a great interview and was called the next day telling me that the position was not approved to be filled and they wanted to fly me to a different location to interview. Turns out there was some form of miscommunication within the company or something at an upper level that I wasn't privy to and it ended up being that the original position was actually available. Combined with being in limbo for the previous 9 months gave me pause as to whether this type of communication issue was consistently prevalent.

Summer Interview

Interview

I met a senior director at my college career fair. Several weeks after my follow up I was asked to interview on campus. I was interviewed by the same senior director who I met at the career fair

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview held at a job fair, follow-on interview was a field ride with a current Sales Engineer in order to get an idea of the day-to-day actions required for the job. The initial interviewer asked some standard questions, but then threw in some asking about me growing up and if I had any close friends with whom I was in contact with often.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any mechanical recent hands-on experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

I first interviewed at a career fair. My resume was given to corporate talent acquisition; I interviewed over the phone for about a half hour with HR. After that I was flown to Naperville for a formal interview with various people in management.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water in December 2015.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter regarding the position, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Things went well, but it was ~45 days before an on-site interview was arranged. The on-site interview also went well. I had limited sales experience, but I was told my confidence and ability to learn negated concern over that fact. My specific prior experience in manufacturing was the most important part of my resume, according to the hiring manager.

I declined the offer because the position was changed on the offer letter without my knowledge (District Sales Rep, one level above an entry level college graduate position). I consider that a bait-and-switch tactic which is unethical and unacceptable. The reason given was that my experience didn't warrant the position, so they offered a lower-tier position with an (unwritten) progression plan/expectation of filling the original applied-for position within 2 years. I would have understood if the "Senior" was dropped from the title, but not the drastic change. Again, since this was not discussed prior to the written offer being extended, I politely declined.

I was also unimpressed at some very high premium sharing for the health insurance plans. For such a large organization with so many employees that is leading its industry and aggressively expanding, there is no excuse for employees to have to pay so much for healthcare plans. It is far above national averages - I checked - and it has been going up annually, according to employees I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experiences on your resume, and what you learned at each of them.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Took a few months to funnel me into the right department and right location, but after a few quick phone interviews, I finally wound up at the New York City district. The interview was about an hour and I was asked basic behavioral and background questions. They wanted to understand who I was as a person just as much as they wanted to understand my competency and goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the New York City district given that living in Manhattan is very difficult? Would you be willing to stay here for a few years?   Answer Question