Nalco Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nalco Water Interview Questions

Interviews at Nalco Water

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (San Francisco, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

Many interviews 7-10! One day shadowing a regional manager and a sales representative on the job.

Interview Questions

• We had to write an essay describing the day we shadowed and our thoughts about the job and the sales process. We also had to describe ways to improve the sales function.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation because it was a commision based sales job.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

There was a phone interview and then I was scheduled for another interview. It was a pleasant experience and they were good people to interact with.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the position and my interest in it. Just be yourself.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Naperville, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

1. Two phone interviews with HR and then with a R&D Manager, both were very short,
    consisted from a few formal questions to check out my resume.
    2. 1:1 restaurant interview with R&D Manager during weekend:
    bizarre conversation with sharing private feelings from him followed by a few questions. One critical question
    about my experience in making new products ended up the interview almost abruptly.
    3. On-site interview included a presentation, a phone interview with Global Technology Leader, 1:1 interview with 10 people. I liked most of the people I interviewed with, however some conversations were either low professional, sharing personal feelings about the company or trying to project my outcome with the interview process based on my time of the restaurant interview. The most critical question was again about making new products in the past. R&D Manager gave me finally a very simple example of "innovative product". I explained it why it worked out during interview. In overall, I realized that the result of Nalco interview depended mostly from the restaurant conversation with R&D Manager and the rest was just for entertainment.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with making new products.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your company after 6 months?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

It was very laid back in general. I had 3 interviews - one at college, one with a district manager in the state that I previously lived in and one with the regional manager for the territory that I would be taking over.

The questions weren't extremely structured, more of getting to know everyone. A few of the more structured questions were standard questions that I had seen in a lot of other interviews. I felt really comfortable in the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was a new college grad.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Caguas, PR) in July 2015.

Interview

First you are going to recieve a call to determine what day you can going to one of their offices and perform the onterview. They are very friendly and understanding.

Once the day comes and you are in the interview, the interviewer is going to ask you questions about YOU to get to know what you are looking for in a company, your likes and dont likes. So it is important for the applicant to meditate his or hers strengths and weaknesses, what you are doing in your current job, and my favourite, what are you really looking for in a job.

Read about the company before the interview, the interviewer ask what you know about Nalco. For last, take with you some questions about the company, ask the interviewer things about his experiences, and anything you like to know.

The entire is process involves three interviews, two person to person and one is a call.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Had to jump through a lot of hoops. 2 phone interviews, 3 face to face interviews, and an unpaid workday. It was a pleasant experience and was always kept informed of next steps. Just a lot of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think from this interview would make me hesitate from hiring you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation allowed. It was a take it or leave it type of situation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Champaign, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Interviewers were very laid back and personable. I got an interview the day after I applied. The interview was mostly a conversation about your resume and then some behaviroal questions. Theyanswer after about 3 weeks. Simple interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a friend, and then invited to an on campus interview. It was a behavioral interview. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to juggle multiple things at once, and how you did it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One round interview with lower management. Quick and informal hiring process. Got to meet the people I'd be working for. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I don't think my interview year was very competitive because what I thought to be a slightly above average interview was met with very positive comments

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Took a few months to funnel me into the right department and right location, but after a few quick phone interviews, I finally wound up at the New York City district. The interview was about an hour and I was asked basic behavioral and background questions. They wanted to understand who I was as a person just as much as they wanted to understand my competency and goals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the New York City district given that living in Manhattan is very difficult? Would you be willing to stay here for a few years?   Answer Question