Nalco Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nalco Water Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2017

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2017.

Interview

Nalco posted a technical sales intern position on my school career website and I signed up by submitting my resume. I was asked to interview and a recruiter and a district manager came to my campus and conducted interviews with many students. After about a week I was contacted by a district manager that had spoken to the recruiter about me. A few phone calls with district managers and one final call again with the recruiter was pretty much the whole process. The recruiter offered me a position on the phone then formally in an email. Whole process from the interview to offer was about 3 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Hardest obstacle you ever had to overcome and how did you overcome it   Answer Question
    • Biggest failure you ever had to bounce back from and what did you learn from it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Got interview through a temp agency and had to schedule twice since the manager had an emergency and had to wait for her to confirm the original interview only to not hear back until the next day and had to reschedule for a different day. Then was interviewed for the incorrect position - was supposed to be for a data Entry position and not this customer service rep one. But found out this one was a very structured position where you have timed breaks, lunches, etc. Interview was done by the manager and supervisor and asked situational questions... about it seems like 20. Then was asked if I had any questions that I thought that they should ask, but didn't. Of course I didn't have any after answering all of those and was semi ridiculed when I answered with a question about them instead.
    I contacted the temp agency Recuiter asking for an update ,after she said she would follow up with me when I told her I was interviewed for the customer service rep after the interview, but I haven't heard back from the Recuiter since then. **Update- the recruiter did get back to me and apparently the role was going to transition from one type to another. Either way- this was a bad experience on either the Recuiter or the manager's fault since there seemed to be a miscommunication or understanding of the role itself.
    I've had a good experience with Nalco before when I did a temp assignment with a cool manager and group , and thought this would lead to another positive experience , but guess not.

TSR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Pretty casual interview. I myself asked a lot of questions about the job and what I had to offer the company with the skill set that I had gained in previous experience

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Was flown to area for ride along after phone interview. People are very nice and questions were asked during ride along session. Met with different customers and knew decision at the end of the day.

Sales Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

I went to their information session at my university and then had a follow-up interview the next day. The interview lasted about 30 min. We went over my resume and had a casual talk. No technical or behavioral questions were asked. I was asked to wear whatever I felt most comfortable in. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally authorized to work in the US?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Interview was done face to face with two Sales Managers at a conference. It was very straight forward one on one. Interviewers were very personable and direct. The interview started off with a hand shake and introduction, followed by interview questions. questions at the end were asked and answered.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

Had worked previously as an intern and left for the fall being told that they had a job for me but were finalizing the location. Came to be spring and I went on my own to find a couple openings with people I had met within Nalco. Had a great interview and was called the next day telling me that the position was not approved to be filled and they wanted to fly me to a different location to interview. Turns out there was some form of miscommunication within the company or something at an upper level that I wasn't privy to and it ended up being that the original position was actually available. Combined with being in limbo for the previous 9 months gave me pause as to whether this type of communication issue was consistently prevalent.

Summer Interview

Interview

I met a senior director at my college career fair. Several weeks after my follow up I was asked to interview on campus. I was interviewed by the same senior director who I met at the career fair

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview held at a job fair, follow-on interview was a field ride with a current Sales Engineer in order to get an idea of the day-to-day actions required for the job. The initial interviewer asked some standard questions, but then threw in some asking about me growing up and if I had any close friends with whom I was in contact with often.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any mechanical recent hands-on experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nalco Water.

Interview

I first interviewed at a career fair. My resume was given to corporate talent acquisition; I interviewed over the phone for about a half hour with HR. After that I was flown to Naperville for a formal interview with various people in management.