Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.4

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took 1 week, Need to submit research proposal on a topic of interest. Need a few professional recommendation letters. After selection process, 1 to 1 interview with a few professors to check on research proposal

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

The Dean met me in a restaurant. I would be teaching drawing and painting in the new art school. Since the Art School was just opening there was no committee therefore only the Dean interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They judged my portfolio as to if I was qualified for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were walking down the street after lunch and I asked him how much he was paying me.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in June 2011.

Interview

Hired after exchange emails with the supervisor. I don't recall being interviewed. This was a temporary position, and there wasn't much competition as the job scope was very specific and narrow, and did not comprise many responsibilities. Personal connections were part of how I got the job.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

interviewed by director of department and professor,everything goes well,so not many thing talk about, after interview ,spent long time (about 2 months)then got the official offer that is really hard time

Interview Questions

• about some skill for the position   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Given a written test with the following questions: Why do you want to join? How does your previous experience contribute to the position? After that, interviewed by the Big Boss (High ranking Professor), followed by immediate boss and the HR of the department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate the salary but they only increase the salary by $100. Please put high salary expectation in your application form.

Accounts Payable Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers. Interview questions were answerable and quite standard. However, the interviewer do not respect you as an interviewee. One was busy using her laptop and another put you down and said nasty words which indirectly insulted you. It was the most unpleasant interview I had ever went for.

PhD Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

After filing the application package, the division secretary arranged an interview with me via email. It was via Skype online. The interview was the last step for screening of application.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pleasant. My professors were nice and patient, no picky questions. Questions were mainly about past research experience and understanding.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Professor conducted one-to-one interview. Previously, i was a student under his supervision. Therefor, the whole process is more like causal chating. My interview process is not the normal procedure, there is noting more i can tell about it.

Interview Questions

• only some background questions. Previously, i was a student under his supervision. Therefor, the whole process is more like causal chating.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via taleo (online portal) and received an interview invite a week after. I was informed thru e-mail that the interview process would entail a 1 hour written test, followed by an hour long interview with the managers and director.
    The written test is timed. It was done on a laptop, presumably to access excel competency. Also, there were several essay questions to complete (which were relevant to the job scope). After that, it was meeting with the panel of interviewers. Interviewers were quite friendly, and the questions asked are quite typical. It felt more like a conversation than a question-answer session, while preserving a professional and formal setting. Just do your part, be prepared, and besides putting your best foot forward and hoping for the best, it's wise to use it as an opportunity to gauge how compatible your prospective employers with your work style and expectations as well.
    Overall, a good experience for me, as I find that no interview experience is ever gone to waste. It has been 2 weeks post-interview, and I have not heard from them, so I am assuming that there is currently no offer, although the impression I was left with was that I would have been selected. A final point to note is that the type of interview structure would vary, depending on which school/office you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Questions may largely vary depending on how you answer, but most were the typical ones, such as
      -Tell me more about yourself
      - Hobbies, what you do in free time
      - How would your friends describe you
      - How do you manage your time
      - What do you do when you face difficulties at work?
      - How much do you understand about what this job entails?
      - How do you find NTU? (cos I'm an alumni)
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jurong Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Jurong Town (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

Application made online (Mail to concerned professor).
    Face to Face Interview with Professor and RF's.
    And then a Lab Visit where I will be working.
    Basic Interview Questions. Checked my interest for research.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Casual. Brief description about education and work experience.   Answer Question