Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions

Interviews at Nanyang Technological University

2.5

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

The Dean met me in a restaurant. I would be teaching drawing and painting in the new art school. Since the Art School was just opening there was no committee therefore only the Dean interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They judged my portfolio as to if I was qualified for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were walking down the street after lunch and I asked him how much he was paying me.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took 1 week, Need to submit research proposal on a topic of interest. Need a few professional recommendation letters. After selection process, 1 to 1 interview with a few professors to check on research proposal

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

It was detailed Interview. It involved 3-4 rounds of interview process.
    A lot is asked about past work experiences. They like to know your contributions to the team.
    Very professional, highly educated and respectful staff.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

No interview was done. They only checked all my education background, plus my CV and my language skills. They also asked for a reference from the professor that would have been my supervisor.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jurong West, West (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Jurong West, West (Singapore)) in January 2018.

Interview

First interview was in January. Second interview was 2 weeks later. Verbal offer was made 1 month later(lower than requested) and even though agreed to, within 24 hours, it was another 1 month before an even lower offer was offered. Again, offer was agreed to within 24 hours and another 1 month before an offer letter was generated. In all, the process took close to 5 months.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with academia?   1 Answer

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

The prof knew my prof, so had an exchange program with one of their students.
    He looked at my resume saw that I had relevant project experience. The process was fairly informal, was an undergrad internship so not much grilling of the candidate.

Undergraduate Interview

Interview

You need decent A level results or GPA from your local polytechnic diploma to qualify for the job as an undergraduate. Application opens once a year and don't fret. There's every year to apply.

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple interview. Just some questions about tell me more about yourself, why do you want to take up this position and what are some skills that I have that are relevant to the job scope. The whole interview process is very informal. I did not really prepare anything for the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

I send my application to several PI and got a skype interview fairly quickly with one. We went through my professional background and also my family situation. We then discussed the position that would be soon available. I finally started 9 months later because of some delay in getting the grant for the project.

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview was focussed on technical aspects, interviewers were friendly