Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

3.3

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in July 2017.

Interview

Was called down for the interview about 2 - 3 days after the application. Interview questions were not too tough and the interviewers were quite detailed on their explanation. However, the post-interview stage was appalling as the HR did not respond or update anything despite sending them an email and a phone call follow up. As HR professionals, effort should made to ensure that applicants are not kept in the dark.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, through email. However the interview was rather tough with a panel of 5 interviewers. It was a thorough interview with questions more on relevant work experiences instead of personal questions.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

nothing, i want to view about other company info. but i couldnt see without filling this. so dont take this into serious fact. NTU is a good university , nice place, nice environment, nice library, everything nice. Job are available for pure NTU students. But Joint degree program students are struggling here, without job.

Accounts Payable Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers. Interview questions were answerable and quite standard. However, the interviewer do not respect you as an interviewee. One was busy using her laptop and another put you down and said nasty words which indirectly insulted you. It was the most unpleasant interview I had ever went for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via taleo (online portal) and received an interview invite a week after. I was informed thru e-mail that the interview process would entail a 1 hour written test, followed by an hour long interview with the managers and director.
    The written test is timed. It was done on a laptop, presumably to access excel competency. Also, there were several essay questions to complete (which were relevant to the job scope). After that, it was meeting with the panel of interviewers. Interviewers were quite friendly, and the questions asked are quite typical. It felt more like a conversation than a question-answer session, while preserving a professional and formal setting. Just do your part, be prepared, and besides putting your best foot forward and hoping for the best, it's wise to use it as an opportunity to gauge how compatible your prospective employers with your work style and expectations as well.
    Overall, a good experience for me, as I find that no interview experience is ever gone to waste. It has been 2 weeks post-interview, and I have not heard from them, so I am assuming that there is currently no offer, although the impression I was left with was that I would have been selected. A final point to note is that the type of interview structure would vary, depending on which school/office you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Questions may largely vary depending on how you answer, but most were the typical ones, such as
      -Tell me more about yourself
      - Hobbies, what you do in free time
      - How would your friends describe you
      - How do you manage your time
      - What do you do when you face difficulties at work?
      - How much do you understand about what this job entails?
      - How do you find NTU? (cos I'm an alumni)   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

I was early for the interview and was allowed to proceed. I was given a written test to complete first. Shortly after, the interviewers came and then the real interview began. Everything was timely and organised. The entire process took about 45-60min.

Interview Questions

• Do you like your current job? If so why are you leaving?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

HR arranged the interview. Arrived at the interview early and was allowed to proceed with the interview early too. After doing a short test, the interviewers came and proceeded with the interview. The entire process took about an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I have attended an interview at Admission and financial aid office(Student service centre). There were 4 interviewers including Director, manager and assistant manager. I regret going for this interview as I think they did not respect the candidates. There were laughing and joking among themselves and asking irrelevant qns. I felt insulted and annoyed and I hope they will reflect on their behaviour.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about foreign talent?
      Why do you prefer this position over working for public sector?
      What do you know about this dept?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

one lecture demonstration, and research presentation (45min each) / formal interiew with search committee members

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

experienced engineer will be preferred