Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took 1 week, Need to submit research proposal on a topic of interest. Need a few professional recommendation letters. After selection process, 1 to 1 interview with a few professors to check on research proposal

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

The Dean met me in a restaurant. I would be teaching drawing and painting in the new art school. Since the Art School was just opening there was no committee therefore only the Dean interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They judged my portfolio as to if I was qualified for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were walking down the street after lunch and I asked him how much he was paying me.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in June 2011.

Interview

Hired after exchange emails with the supervisor. I don't recall being interviewed. This was a temporary position, and there wasn't much competition as the job scope was very specific and narrow, and did not comprise many responsibilities. Personal connections were part of how I got the job.

Senior Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview was focussed on technical aspects, interviewers were friendly

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in July 2017.

Interview

Was called down for the interview about 2 - 3 days after the application. Interview questions were not too tough and the interviewers were quite detailed on their explanation. However, the post-interview stage was appalling as the HR did not respond or update anything despite sending them an email and a phone call follow up. As HR professionals, effort should made to ensure that applicants are not kept in the dark.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

Ask to write an email on paper based on the 2 problems they gave, just to see how you will respond on email. Just read up on their website, all information are there, even quotation prices for merchandise they bought

Interview for 1 hour, interviewers were friendly but be specific on your salary, else they will mark you as dishonest for hiding information from them and you will just be wasting your time and effort with them.

Team culture seems good but a dictatorial leadership, no negotiation, no freedom, just do as you are told. If you are looking for just a job, this is perfect. If you are looking for a career growth with the power to control your fate, go else where.

Office infrastructure is old fashioned, dust on chair and lighting is slightly dark.

Base salary is low if your grades are not good. High leave payout of 21 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What makes you special that we will pick you over other candidates? Actually they do not have another candidate on hand, this is just to test you   Answer Question
    • Tell me how your experience is relevant in this job   Answer Question
    • If we were to call up your references, what will they say about you   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, through email. However the interview was rather tough with a panel of 5 interviewers. It was a thorough interview with questions more on relevant work experiences instead of personal questions.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

interviewed by director of department and professor,everything goes well,so not many thing talk about, after interview ,spent long time (about 2 months)then got the official offer that is really hard time

Interview Questions

• about some skill for the position   1 Answer

Phd Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual interview with supervising Professor. Mostly about personal character. Brought me around to meet the team of PhD Students that I will be working with, and allowed me to talk to them and understand more on this position.

Interview Questions

• Why choose to further studies rather than taking a year or two first to explore working in the industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

nothing, i want to view about other company info. but i couldnt see without filling this. so dont take this into serious fact. NTU is a good university , nice place, nice environment, nice library, everything nice. Job are available for pure NTU students. But Joint degree program students are struggling here, without job.