Nanyang Technological University Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nanyang Technological University Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

about one hour and my boss's team members asked me some questions according to my resume, then they tested me some exam about the programming language such as C++ and C,in order to understand whether I know the language or not.

Interview Questions

• can you describe the project you did during your master period   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nanyang Technological University

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

interviewed by director of department and professor,everything goes well,so not many thing talk about, after interview ,spent long time (about 2 months)then got the official offer that is really hard time

Interview Questions

• about some skill for the position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Professor call a meeting online and discuss about the job. And then he ask about the software I have mentioned. His assistant is also in the meeting,and ask nothing. The whole meeting took about 30 minutes and they are all friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is talk more about the subjects you are interested in?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jurong Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Jurong Town (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

Application made online (Mail to concerned professor).
    Face to Face Interview with Professor and RF's.
    And then a Lab Visit where I will be working.
    Basic Interview Questions. Checked my interest for research.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Casual. Brief description about education and work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

applied online. I was required to make one presentation and there was one round of interview. Every thing was based on my previous experiences and projects. Technical questions were easy. There were 4 interviewers. One professor and 3 other research fellow.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Kalman filtering and object recognition. Basic questions of SIFT   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2015.

Interview

two rounds. first round with direct boss, talking about the project. second round with the direction of the centre and direct boss. both are light-hearted. Not much technical details or questions. but the recruiting process last quite long, about two months. after interview there were HR processes, which were very slow.

Interview Questions

• past working experience; skills and subjects learnt in college.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jurong West New Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Jurong West New Town (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was taken by Professor and salary was negotiated right away.
    Normally people with valuable work experience and high academics are called for interviews.
    If you are a fresh graduate then your marks are enough to be interviewed. If you are interviewed and salary is negotiated at the same time then you should be happy because you are selected.
    If you are experienced then previous company's reputation as well your academics are important. If you are experienced then there will be review of your skills. And after few days only you will get to know whether you succeeded or not.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to Singapore?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very straighfwd process. Applied through a referee, got shortlisted for a project. Recvd an email from the the the manager and and had a short interview. Came back a couple of times to talk to the rest of the team and then the director. Eventually got an offer 1.5 months after the interview and accepted it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2011.

Interview

got the job info from Prof's webpage, then email my cv to prof, after 1 day, ask me to interview. ask previous working experience and what projects you have done, because this research is focus on game app, so prof ask some 3d,2d engine also.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself and share some working experience of you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2008.

Interview

Need to contact the corresponding professor, or PI for the job openings. Interview might be taken. Then the application would be submitted to school for approval. This process might take 1-2 months. An oral presentation might be required to present your past research experience. The audience might be students or even professors in the division.

Interview Questions

• Since this is a research position, more will be on your personal skill sets, and your goal and passion.   Answer Question