Nanyang Technological University Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nanyang Technological University Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.8

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

Job posting was NTU website, Send CV. takes less than 1 week..on-site interview X2 (Technical background/ Salary negociation). overall takes 1 month to get offer letter.Job posting was NTU website, Send CV. takes less than 1 week./.go through on-site interview X2 (Technical background/ Salary negotiation). Time to time SMS contact. Overall takes 1 month to get offer letter. Pleasant experience for interview

Interview Questions

• go through my CV about technology where I can apply for them
    Explain about their project and my interest.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nanyang Technological University

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

I found the job announcement online and contacted my future supervisor via email. After a couple of days he responded and we arranged an interview. it was a Skype interview. Took about 30 minutes. I got offer after a month or so.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. There were about my PHD thesis.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

Phone Interview and questions were related to research work. Expectations for the project was discussed. In general, the interview was fine but only because my area of expertise matched with the project.
    Took almost 4 months from the interview date till receiving the official offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is better to discuss with the hiring person first rather than wait for the offer. NTU has a strict guideline for research staff salary.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in June 2014.

Interview

Nice and easy, it was in 2 rounds, the panel was efficient and to the point. The questions were technical and more towards previous experience and skills, the HR recruitment process was good and fast. The orientation and joining was also smooth.

Interview Questions

• Previous expeience, techinical field related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

For research positions, they are on project to project basis. The discretion is given to the PI (Principle Investigators) to hire based on their projected budget. Your salary is pretty much fixed within a range unless you have exceptional skills that is required by the project.

Interviews for the RF position is often more of understanding how you can fit with the project and the ability to carry out the research independently and manage the project for the PIs. You are required to have a lot of discipline and ability to carry out work without much supervision. And that is the key to getting hired in any research

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate as your salary is limited by how much budget the research project has

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position from overseas and went through 4 Skype Interviews with the prof. where we discussed about my past research and the position to assess wether I was a matched. The interviews were interesting and technicals and we proceed with the description of the package (there wasn't room for negotiation). Once I accepted the offer, NTU applied for my Employment Pass which was granted within a month.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked about my past research   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

The initial communication is well and quite easy.
    There is only on interviewer, which is the supervisor and Professor in NTU.
    The questions are quite relative to the requirements in website.
    English is easy to understand.
    The following steps are medical examination, register in NUT human resource, working in lab.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2013.

Interview

Requested CV by the professor in the concerned department through his personal assistant. CV sent to the personal assistant. After verification of CV, i was informed to get ready for a Telephonic interview. Telephonic interview was done by the concerned professor after a week getting the notification. The interview was smooth.

Interview Questions

• More about the technical aspects on the technology I was working   1 Answer

Interview

Negotiation

variable, need to negotiate with your supervisor

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University in August 2011.

Interview

I was fairly easy. The professor already wanted to hire me before the interview so he only asked me briefly about my experiences and all the information he needed to fill out his interview form. After that, I was offered the job in the next few days. The whole hiring process is pretty simple and efficient.

Negotiation

The salary depends on the project's funding. The university also set a minimum barrier. There is not much you can negotiate as the funding is normally very tight.