Nanyang Technological University Interview Questions in Singapore | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.5

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University.

Interview

Ask to write an email on paper based on the 2 problems they gave, just to see how you will respond on email. Just read up on their website, all information are there, even quotation prices for merchandise they bought

Interview for 1 hour, interviewers were friendly but be specific on your salary, else they will mark you as dishonest for hiding information from them and you will just be wasting your time and effort with them.

Team culture seems good but a dictatorial leadership, no negotiation, no freedom, just do as you are told. If you are looking for just a job, this is perfect. If you are looking for a career growth with the power to control your fate, go else where.

Office infrastructure is old fashioned, dust on chair and lighting is slightly dark.

Base salary is low if your grades are not good. High leave payout of 21 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What makes you special that we will pick you over other candidates? Actually they do not have another candidate on hand, this is just to test you   Answer Question
    • Tell me how your experience is relevant in this job   Answer Question
    • If we were to call up your references, what will they say about you   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was easy, through email. However the interview was rather tough with a panel of 5 interviewers. It was a thorough interview with questions more on relevant work experiences instead of personal questions.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

interviewed by director of department and professor,everything goes well,so not many thing talk about, after interview ,spent long time (about 2 months)then got the official offer that is really hard time

Interview Questions

• about some skill for the position   1 Answer

Phd Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual interview with supervising Professor. Mostly about personal character. Brought me around to meet the team of PhD Students that I will be working with, and allowed me to talk to them and understand more on this position.

Interview Questions

• Why choose to further studies rather than taking a year or two first to explore working in the industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

nothing, i want to view about other company info. but i couldnt see without filling this. so dont take this into serious fact. NTU is a good university , nice place, nice environment, nice library, everything nice. Job are available for pure NTU students. But Joint degree program students are struggling here, without job.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Given a written test with the following questions: Why do you want to join? How does your previous experience contribute to the position? After that, interviewed by the Big Boss (High ranking Professor), followed by immediate boss and the HR of the department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate the salary but they only increase the salary by $100. Please put high salary expectation in your application form.

Accounts Payable Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers. Interview questions were answerable and quite standard. However, the interviewer do not respect you as an interviewee. One was busy using her laptop and another put you down and said nasty words which indirectly insulted you. It was the most unpleasant interview I had ever went for.

PhD Research Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

After filing the application package, the division secretary arranged an interview with me via email. It was via Skype online. The interview was the last step for screening of application.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pleasant. My professors were nice and patient, no picky questions. Questions were mainly about past research experience and understanding.   Answer Question

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Professor conducted one-to-one interview. Previously, i was a student under his supervision. Therefor, the whole process is more like causal chating. My interview process is not the normal procedure, there is noting more i can tell about it.

Interview Questions

• only some background questions. Previously, i was a student under his supervision. Therefor, the whole process is more like causal chating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nanyang Technological University (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via taleo (online portal) and received an interview invite a week after. I was informed thru e-mail that the interview process would entail a 1 hour written test, followed by an hour long interview with the managers and director.
    The written test is timed. It was done on a laptop, presumably to access excel competency. Also, there were several essay questions to complete (which were relevant to the job scope). After that, it was meeting with the panel of interviewers. Interviewers were quite friendly, and the questions asked are quite typical. It felt more like a conversation than a question-answer session, while preserving a professional and formal setting. Just do your part, be prepared, and besides putting your best foot forward and hoping for the best, it's wise to use it as an opportunity to gauge how compatible your prospective employers with your work style and expectations as well.
    Overall, a good experience for me, as I find that no interview experience is ever gone to waste. It has been 2 weeks post-interview, and I have not heard from them, so I am assuming that there is currently no offer, although the impression I was left with was that I would have been selected. A final point to note is that the type of interview structure would vary, depending on which school/office you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Questions may largely vary depending on how you answer, but most were the typical ones, such as
      -Tell me more about yourself
      - Hobbies, what you do in free time
      - How would your friends describe you
      - How do you manage your time
      - What do you do when you face difficulties at work?
      - How much do you understand about what this job entails?
      - How do you find NTU? (cos I'm an alumni)   Answer Question