Narus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Narus Interview Questions

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Narus.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Topics included linux OS admin and network troubleshooting. I met with 4 people for the in-person interview and spent about 30 minutes with each person. I met with the Director of Professional Services, Sales Operations Manager and two Professional Services Engineers.

Negotiation

Narus offered a competitive salary and bonus and I accepted.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Narus in December 2014.

Interview

Technical phone screen with the hiring manager. First question out of the gate was to rate my Java skills on a scale from 1 to 10. That turned out to be a loaded gun. I tried to answer high-ish, and answered 6-7, given that it was a Java position. Without knowing anything me, he downgraded me to a 1-2, continuing to talk about how vast Java is, and how there's no way I have enough experience to be a 6, when he himself is only an 8. I was asked about video compression, which was a surprise given that it wasn't part of the job description, nor was it listed on my resume. Basic Java syntax questions. Asked to briefly talk about my current job responsibilities, but was abruptly stopped. I was then given a chance to ask questions of my own, so I decided to get his thoughts on my candidacy. He said I had potential, and would be interested in bringing me in for an on-site. He said, however, that I'm not a senior-level engineer (despite the fact that I have 12+ years of professional experience), and that I would be an entry-level engineer at Narus. As another reviewer said, it's a very pretentious mentality. "We do rocket science here." They write all their software... FROM SCRATCH. Web servers, application servers, and even RDBMS. The only thing they use as-is, is Java. He then went on a very unprofessional rant about how 99% of Silicon Valley software engineers. A technical phone screen is probably not the best venue for this type of conversation. He asked if I would be interested in proceeding to an on-site interview. I said, "No thank you," and ended it there. I'd never before been so offended for myself and my profession, in an interview or otherwise. Had the process not been through a 3rd party staffing firm, I never would have applied.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your Java knowledge?
      How does video compression work?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Narus.

Interview

The initial email correspondence was positive. After the manager called me she was rude and I could not get off of the phone fast enough. She was condescending, obviously burnt out and did not want me to pursue the opening any longer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Narus in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went very well. I knew many of the employees there from previous jobs so John made sure I did NOT speak to any of them (hahahaha). It was orderly, first many of the current sales team, then the CFO, then the CTO, and then the VP of Engineering. Finally i spent a long time with the VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• How can your mobile experience translate into the Security world?   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty simple, they made and offer, i questioned and countered, we agreed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Narus (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Very nice environment, the boss was super excited to increase his group, the other people were friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Narus (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and then 3 1 hour meetings with team leads and then a meeting with HR before and after. Basic interview questions and writing programs on the board.

Interview Questions

• Asked to solve a hanoi tower type of problem. Not too many difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straightforward. No negotiation on vacation vs. pay. Offer was fine but non-negotiable.

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Narus (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

the Interview process just never ended. I finally had to take another offer. Initially, the recruiter reached out to me, then was less than communicative, often allowing a week to go by before responding, or in some cases, not responding at all. the people I spoke with seemed to be the right people to speak with, but after 3 months of "just one more interview", it was too much

Interview Questions

• Do you know what Narus does?   1 Answer

TA Lead Interview

Interview

good exp in interview to go with one manager and engineer and it went well. and they like the view i represented in interview and the most imp part is to impress. like express to impress

Interview Questions

• good basic qus to ans easyly   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Narus (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter and scheduled a telconf with hiring manager. Called for a face to face interview. there were 3 rounds of tech interview and a manager round. Then recruiter came and told that she will call for further rounds with director and GM. However i didnt receive any call after so many follow up.

Interview Questions

• how to set the secuirty roles for a web application which dont have a database   1 Answer

Technical Lean Interview

Interview

Five rounds of intense technical rounds. Each riund is very grilling and full of thoughts. Its not easy to get through the interview. Apart from technical skills they keep watch on the inter personal skills as well. Director go out with for lunch and thats very critical in your selection as how you behave during the lunch.

Interview Questions

• they can ask any question across any relevant technology you have worked on   Answer Question