Nasdaq Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY).

Interview

5 stages of interview : Done by senior developer to upper management level.
    Stages : HR Interview, Technical Interview, Skills Interview, Regional head interview, Manager's Interview. Technical interview was most difficult one and if you pass that then you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difficult situation where you had to overcome many issues and to solve the issue within time limit.   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The H.R called me for an interview. First, they asked about my salary expectations and after some emails, I answered. Then it was time for my interview. I did 2 interviews back-to-back. The hiring managers were friendly and the questions were pretty standard

Senior Manager/Director Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

This was the most ridiculous interview process in my career. Things started out well, the internal recruiter did his phone screen, took a week to get back to me and then we meet in the NYC office, along with meeting a few others in the teams. The issues came when it was time to be schedule for a 2nd round with the hiring manager in the Connecticut offices. I was asked to change my travel plans to make this meeting (I was in town from another market, I don't live in NYC). So, after changing my travel plans I jumped on a train from the city to the nearest CT Stop, to then take a taxi for 20 minutes to the office. Being on the train on time, I got a email asking if I could cancel my trip because the hiring manager couldn't make the meeting. No, I cannot, Im already on the train. Turns out, the recruiter got the Hiring Manager back on the phone to commit to the meeting. I showed up to the office on time, as professionals do. Waited for a bit, and the hiring manager (who is in HR mind you); comes to the lobby, clearly annoyed and frustrated that she even has to be there for this meeting. Something that was pre-arranged, and in her calendar. As a candidate and someone who believes in the candidate experience, this was a horrible welcome and feeling. The interview was 30 minutes, where she asked pretty basic questions, with her arms folded, and a annoyed look on her face. Really pleasant! The role has been one 2 times in 18 months, and the current search to hire has been open for over 6 months. I wonder why? The icing on the cake was when I went to send the recruiter my expenses. He stated that NASDAQ does'nt expense candidate expenses if they are "regional". My response? I am not regional, I changed my flight to make this meeting and took trains and taxis to show up on time and be present and ready; only to have a horrible experience with a less than professional hiring manager. Nadsaq, you really don't expense candidate expenses? That is ridiculous, and completely unprofessional. NO ONE should pay you, to interview with you. You are not that unique. My advice to to seriously look at your internal Hiring Managers, especially within HR, and treat your candidates as you would your customers that pay your salaries. Novel idea, isn't it?

Interview Questions

• Nothing was asked that was terribly hard, or intelligent.   Answer Question

Nasdaq Response

Nov 18, 2015 – VP Global Talent Management

I would like to personally apologize for your unfortunate experience, as the Hiring Manager you met with. I will be reaching out directly to discuss further. We take candidate and employee feedback... More

Software DeveloperTrading Support Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I got an email form a software engineer from Nasdaq mentioning that my resume has been for the software developer Internship position. After setting up the interview at their New York office I was not really sure about what questions to expect about the Trading Support Systems position being a CS student. I did my best preparation of my skills on my resume and was hoping that the interview questions to revolve around my resume ad related knowledge which did happen.

Overall the experience was invaluable.

Interview Questions

• Java Theory Question and particular questions of PHP   Answer Question
    • Algorithm based on a given system of vending machine which gives discounts when certain conditions are present   Answer Question

Talent Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

2 rounds to thorough interview process. First a phone interview and next an in person. was grilled extensively. The first round was for 30 mins and the second round was for 1 hour with discussion on my background.

Interview Questions

• How did you create the Employee Engagement Survey in your previous organization?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First was the phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and "why you want to work at Nasdaq" type discussion. After, an interview with the manager that I worked under. This was primarily "walk me through your resume" and finding out your qualities type interview.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Very weird experience. Had six interviews. HR, Hiring Manager (supervisor of this position - phone and in-person), VP of Global Mktg. and CMO (in -person) - including an intensive homework assignment and presentation given. They professed extreme interest and then boom! Radio-silence for 2-1/2 mo. This after being told they would get back to me in a couple of days. Checked in before the holidays and told that with vacations etc. it was being pushed until after the first of the year. Periodic check-ins after the holidays were either not answered or I was told "we should know more by next week," "we should know more in a few days and you are one of the top candidates" "sorry for the delay but we'll know Wed. but you are one of the final three candidates." This over a period of months.

A couple of weeks would pass before I would check in again to try and get any sort of idea of what was going on. Last check-in I said I was very confused by the delay and just need to know something since I have other jobs that I'm interviewing for etc. and need to know if this is in play. The response was even weirder. "I'm told that the job is on temporary hold and you were one of the top candidates but they are exploring making an offer to someone else. Don't turn down any other offers because of our delays. But I'll know for sure by next week." Is the job on hold or are they offering it to someone else??" It was a HUGE cluster. Still is. Makes me not want to work there if they can't even manage a hiring process.

The CMO was excellent and has a great vision for the company's marketing future and the VP of Global Marketing also seemed very forward thinking. The HR guy was very nice and obviously managing something shady going on with the process. The hiring manager was very odd. Didn't really want to go through my work and would only vaguely answer what deliverables the department generated. Such a disappointment. This position has great potential but I'm afraid won't go anywhere due to a log jam in the org. chart.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

There are two people doing the interview for me, and they are very nice and friendly. They set down with you and go though the project they interested in on my portfolio, we had a great conversation during this meeting. And at the end of the interview, they took me for a tour in there time sq's office and showroom. It was definitely a once in a lift time experience.

Interview Questions

• 1.Talk about myself.
      3. Questions about projects.
      2.What's your most strength skill.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview then on-site two rounds, met with recruiter and hiring manager. Straight forward, depends on what department you are applying to on how hard and intense the interviews will be. Could have you coming back several times over the course of a couple months.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Good, helpful recruiters, good communications, let me know where I stood throughout the process, gave good feedback. Several different levels of interviews with managers. Process was efficient but drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Questions about cultural fit and ability to work with others. Questions about technical expertise and career goals.   Answer Question