Nathan Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nathan Associates

Litigation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

About a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager for the first round. Then for the second round, I spoke with three groups of two team members, each for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain your writing sample to a person who doesn't have an economics background?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (Arlington, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after I applied for a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. I was told the same day that I made it to the next step which was a writing test. There were 3 questions: 2 of which were to respond to different email scenarios, and the third was to research the company's work in trade facilitation. Afterwards, I was told that I made it to the final step, an in-person interview. The interview was with 4 members of the team I would have been working with. They were all nice and asked pretty standard questions. I was contacted the next week to find out that they gave the job to someone else. Everyone involved in the process was extremely nice and helpful, and even offered to provide me feedback after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest accomplishment throughout your career?
      Are you the kind of person who takes charge as a leader, or do you tend to follow in a more passive role?
      Examples of working with other cultures and problems encountered
      Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was very typical. An initial phone interview followed by an in-person group panel interview with 5 NA employees. The group panel can be intimidating. Make sure to do research ahead of time on this.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening: The company and the position were explained to me in detail. The screening took a little over 20 minutes. I also had to submit a writing sample which included writing two brief e-mails and a response to a request for proposals.

In person interview: Group interview with a Program Assistant, an Associate, and the HR recruiter. The interview was about an hour long. Two days later I was told that they hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview/Screening: The company and the position were explained to me in detail. We went through my resume, I was asked why I was interested in the company, which department I was interested in and why, and asked if I was willing to travel.

In person interview: Why I was interested in the company and international development, why I chose my major, who I would never list as a reference, etc. The questions were very simple.
      Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview - very typical, a mix of technical behavioral questions.
    Then the in-person interview: I meet with 6 different Economists - it was a bit overwhelming but nothing out of the blue. The position and company both seemed great except they really wanted to make sure you are up to work really long hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a whole month without a day off?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

In DC I had an in-person interview at an off-site location. The interviewer seemed not very excited about the job and the type of work RA's do. Her counterpart seemed very strange and not very intelligent, just repeating everything she said. It sounded like RA's were overworked and not much concern was given to balancing workload. She was, however, pretty easy to establish rapport with.

I also had a subsequent phone interview with a higher-up. It was fine, if rather awkward and dull. Pretty typical questions.

All arrangements for the interviews were quite easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
    • What research have you done?   1 Answer

No one I met or spoke with at the company impressed me, and the work seemed boring and grueling. I didn't want to waste my time in flying back for the final interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nathan Associates in November 2009.

Interview

This hiring process is in regards to Nathan EME. As it is de-centralized hiring, this is specific to my experience with the EME section. I interviewed over the phone for a consultant position advertised on e-financial careers. The phone process was approximately one hour, going over my resume and skill sets, education, etc. The interviewers then told me to visit the DC office, as this would make me more exposed to their work, get face-to-face time with colleagues (as they are located in London and I am in US). After this, they stated they would outline next steps of the hiring process. I went to DC, met with two persons on the staff there, both who were uninformed as to the nature of my visit by the EME office, with the DC staff thinking it was just purely a informational visit. I was told by the EME office to contact them after my DC meetings, which I did in two ensuing emails and phone messages. I have not heard one response. It is extremely unprofessional, and at least, after the effort I took in following their outline of next steps, I anticipated at most a rejection letter. I was really disappointed, not in the fact I didnt get the job, as I received a better offer following, but with the conduct in this process. As EME branch is a small office, it was more negligence rather than bureacracy.

Interview Questions

• General Resume Questions, Background on Resume and Interests in Development   Answer Question