National American University Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National American University (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview was with 3 employees (team manager, director, and a rep that has been there a long time). During this interview they had mentioned they expect you to get some students to sign up for graduate classes, but there was no quota, but they still wanted some students to apply. That interview went great, they even gave me a tour of the work area, break room, upper management offices, met the direct manager, etc. They later told me 2/3 liked me, so then I would get a call from the direct manager to do a phone interview. Did the phone interview, which lasted all of 5 mins... questions weren't tough at all. I thought I'd done great, and I was told I would be given an answer in a couple of days. I ended up not getting the position because I wasn't "sales oriented" (which wasn't a requirement listed on the job posting) they made it a point to say it was not a sales position. They were fully aware I didn't have sales experience from the beginning. They make it seem like they're all about helping graduates further their education, but they're all about getting graduates signed up to take their money.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student to encourage them to sign up for graduate classes?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National American University (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Group interview of 7 candidates. Interviewers were unprepared to conduct the interview. They talked to themselves in front of the candidates several times. Atmosphere was whimiical and quirky.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National American University (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Group Interview with 2 other candidates. Asked about competition a lot. Emphasized sales of prospective students and retention of current students. They asked "how you would build report with a prospective student and get them interested in pursuing a degree in NAU?"

Stressed on the enrollment of non-traditional students. (Returning students, elderly, etc)

Overall... nice people.

Interview Questions

• Had us do a "mock sale" to the interviewing committee.
      Options were to sell a Gym Membership, Career in the Army, Fraternity/Sorority Enrollment, or to join a Sports Team.   1 Answer

Offer was for different location than I was targeting.