National Association of Realtors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at National Association of Realtors

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National Association of Realtors (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two very good informative interviews. The first interview was with the hiring manager. The second interview was with an internal team. The interviews went well. I received an offer. I was excited and extremely enthusiastic. The offer was withdrawn 48 hours later. I was told I lacked enthusiam because I took 2 days to accept the offer

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical behavioral questions regarding solving problems and building successful internal relationships   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator~Realtor Property Resource, LLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Association of Realtors (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Bizarre and unorganized. If you're going to interview people via Skype, then let them know that up front. Be honest about everything related to the job such as travel required, and who will be interviewing the candidate formally. Not only did the whole process seem bizarre, but I think it was a place for the managers to talk about themselves. HR should get back to basics with posting an appropriate job description and interviewing candidates who are NOT over qualified. Stop wasting people's time with..."You're the finalist and I wanted to know whether you had any further questions for me?, only to follow up with HR and be told they chose another person more than a week after the second interview.

Here some professional pointers:
    1. Write a complete job description, incl. travel required.
    2. Do NOT ask a candidate's age through the "back door" with, what year did you complete your undergraduate degree? Illegal, period.
    3. If you tell me I will meet the person I will be replacing, then follow through on it!
    4. Do not invite others to the interview process before telling the candidate. If you're not sure of the job duties of your employee, best to check with them first before interviewing or inviting others as a tool of distraction.
    5. If you tell a candidate that you will be in touch with a decision by weeks end, then DO IT, do not make me call you. Besides.... if HR is in Chicago, why interview from DC? Isn't there someone in Chicago to interview job candidates?!

Interview Questions

• Do you have any more questions related to travel?   1 Answer

Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Association of Realtors (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Standard

Negotiation

Easy posted salary was offered and accepted

Communication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National Association of Realtors (Chicago, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

After hearing back from NAR regarding one of the two similar positions I applied for, I went in to interview with a woman from HR. After speaking with her briefly, she took me to a small conference room where I was interviewed by two other people I would be working with.

The interview went well and before I had even been out of the building for more than a half hour, the woman from HR called me back and asked me to come in for a second interview. I agreed to return in a few days.

Upon arrival for my second interview I met in the same room with one of the women I'd met at the first interview and a new person, a man. After talking for about a half hour, we were finished and I was on my way. The next day I sent thank you emails to my interviewers and tried to call HR to clarify something.

I never heard back from anyone. Ever.

The HR woman didn't return 2 phone calls over the course of 3 weeks (one v-mail left on her line and one by phone to her assistant); nor did she return an email request for clarification of a question I had. I found this particularly rude of her because she had offered her contact information should I have any questions. Basically, on my second interview, I gleened that I was called in regarding the other position, something I wasn't ever told. I therefore also was not fully prepared because although they were in a similar field, they were two very distinct jobs with different duties/purposes. So I had called to ask her if I was being considered for one or either of the positions, or if perhaps the jobs were being combined somehow.

Needless to say, I still haven't gotten a response and I don't look highly on their HR department. Potential employees beware... this is how they treat people who aren't even employeed there.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a quiet environment?   Answer Question
    • How do you see Twitter being used to advance social media connections for this company?   Answer Question