National Australia Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Entey Level Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank in August 2016.

Interview

Average experience. This is a video interview. I just access into the website, open the page which provided by the email the sent to me and process the questions posted automatically generated by the website. The questions there are not very difficult, they just focus on why do you choose NAB. The whole range takes approx two weeks.

S&T Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Then a final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all fit questions. Name 3 people (dead or alive) and not part of your family who you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward first round where 2 individuals have a discussion with you about your background.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard although the people in Sydney took a long time to get the paperwork going. New york is defenitely an outpost and not critical to the overall strategy. The whole process took close to three months. As usual the local HR people are pretty useless.

Interview Questions

• Was all pretty standard. Nothing unusual. They didn't know what they were doing so didn't ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tried to lowball you but there is defenitely room for negotiation.

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very effective

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Entry Level Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

I first applied online and the following was the application process.

1. A week or so later I was notified that I had passed the initial stage and was asked to complete two assessments. They were very much like an aptitude test with some basic math, pattern changes as well as some behavioural questions.

2. Soon after I was told that I had passed the previous round and was asked to complete an online interview. In the interview it asked some basic questions about my interest in NAB and any workplace adversity I had overcome.

3. After the interview I was invited to the engagement centre. Here we took a tour of our potential workplace, were introduced to the working environment, salary package and other things of that nature. We also got to play an interactive game which essentially simulates the nature of an entry level role. For those currently who progress to the Engagement Centre, I suggest that you take initiative in presenting yourself well and asking as many questions as possible, especially about NAB as an organisation and how that ties into the role.

4. Afterwards you receive a call to discuss a suitable role the talent acquisition team have in mind for you or if you have been unsuccessful. After this they begin the background check process.

I hope this helps anyone who is planning to or is in the process of applying for this role, best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NAB?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

I applied online and got through to the testing quite quickly. After that they never replied to me for about 4 months, until I sent an email again asking how the process was going and they told me they were rejecting me based on my availability. Which was fair enough, but I think it's a little unprofessional for such a big company with so many HRs to take 4 months to send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Psychometric testing with numerical, verbal and personality quiz   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

referral which was simple and friendly, had two interview rounds with senior managers that lasted roughly an hour each interview. referral process seems more relaxed, cant comment on more formal or cold call application processes there

Interview Questions

• questioned experience around start ups- of which i had little and so needed to explain my approach to work management, etc   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Interview

several logic and vocab questions in the first online assignment, which was not hard. the GALLUP was exhausted. Video interview was about 5 behavior questions on why nab ect. didnt get invited after this.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Australia Bank in September 2017.

Interview

First of all I had to go two to rounds of online testing( one altitude test and one testing logical thinking and basic math skills) then the online video. The altitude test was hard but I really enjoyed the logical thinking and math test! The online video is not necessary hard but weird as you are talking to a computer. However you have two minutes to think about your answer before the recording starts

Interview Questions

• 1.) why are you interested in a position with nab?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a situation when you had to motivate yourself and others   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you where asked to do something you know is wrong?   Answer Question