National Australia Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Australia Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.8

Entey Level Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank in August 2016.

Interview

Average experience. This is a video interview. I just access into the website, open the page which provided by the email the sent to me and process the questions posted automatically generated by the website. The questions there are not very difficult, they just focus on why do you choose NAB. The whole range takes approx two weeks.

S&T Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. Then a final round.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all fit questions. Name 3 people (dead or alive) and not part of your family who you would like to have dinner with.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very professional and straightforward first round where 2 individuals have a discussion with you about your background.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard although the people in Sydney took a long time to get the paperwork going. New york is defenitely an outpost and not critical to the overall strategy. The whole process took close to three months. As usual the local HR people are pretty useless.

Interview Questions

• Was all pretty standard. Nothing unusual. They didn't know what they were doing so didn't ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They tried to lowball you but there is defenitely room for negotiation.

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very effective

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Entry Level Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

I first applied online and the following was the application process.

1. A week or so later I was notified that I had passed the initial stage and was asked to complete two assessments. They were very much like an aptitude test with some basic math, pattern changes as well as some behavioural questions.

2. Soon after I was told that I had passed the previous round and was asked to complete an online interview. In the interview it asked some basic questions about my interest in NAB and any workplace adversity I had overcome.

3. After the interview I was invited to the engagement centre. Here we took a tour of our potential workplace, were introduced to the working environment, salary package and other things of that nature. We also got to play an interactive game which essentially simulates the nature of an entry level role. For those currently who progress to the Engagement Centre, I suggest that you take initiative in presenting yourself well and asking as many questions as possible, especially about NAB as an organisation and how that ties into the role.

4. Afterwards you receive a call to discuss a suitable role the talent acquisition team have in mind for you or if you have been unsuccessful. After this they begin the background check process.

I hope this helps anyone who is planning to or is in the process of applying for this role, best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NAB?   1 Answer

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

After completing the online assessment including an abstract reasoning test, I was invited to complete video interview. The questions were almost same as those you can find here (why nab? / how to maintain motivation / what if asked to do something not right)

Entry-level Banker Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank.

Interview

Initially the process went quite quick but later stages it wasn't.
    1. Application selection
    2.Invitation for 1 online assessment
    3. Invitation for 3 Assessment
    4. Video interview
    5.engagement centre
    6. Offer or not

Interview Questions

• what will you do if you were asked to do something wrong   Answer Question

Back Office Interview

Interview

very straight forward, first a very technical written assessment and then group interview and individual interviews. In group interview, we also discussed a very technical question which had standard answer.

Interview Questions

• they have 6 pages of behavior questions and they randomly selected from it   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Docklands (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Australia Bank (Docklands (Australia)).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR: Went really well, the HR knew the right questions to ask, had a pleasing tone in her voice and sounded overall friendly and knowledgeable too. 5 stars

F2F with Program Manager: The interviewer was very knowledgeable and experienced in conducting interviews as well. He seemed highly knowledgeable in agile methodologies and had wide range of experience implementing agile in real life scenarios across multi disciplinary teams. I felt high level of respect for this individual. He was keen to make me a part of one of his teams. Again a solid 5 stars.

F2F with scrum master: This is where it all went downhill and highlighted to me how fake scrum masters behave like. The existing scrum master was a classic case of a traditional PM going through a 2 day CSM course and becoming a scrum master. She sounded more like a process police and highly dogmatic about frameworks. Although I did give multiple examples of how I implemented parts of each methodology to benefit the situation across teams, I guess she was more about trying to implement the whole methodology rather than being pragmatic and choose the bits that make sense. Anyways, needless to say our approaches did not match and I went away feeling not much respect for the existing scrum master.

One fake agilist in an organisation attracts similar fakes and needless to say repels the real ones too.