National Car Rental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Car Rental Interview Questions

2.0

Full-time Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Car Rental (Jamaica, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for service agent position. Got the email for the phone interview within minutes of applying. Phone interview was really easy basic questions about my previous employment and details about the position. At the end of the phone call i was offered a interview for the following week. The face to face interview was fairly difficult. Alot of questions based on how you will participate if hired. I was then called back for a second interview for a different position , Full time Greeter. The branch manager felt as if my experience was more customer based. A week and a half went pass and i was offered the job by a HR manager. I then was emailed an offer letter and forms for the background check . I filled them out asap ! The background check consists of criminal and driving records ONLY! Also she contacted two of my previous employers via email as part of a reference check. 6 days later . I was officially offer the job . I start orienration in two days!

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to this company?   1 Answer

Car Detailer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Car Rental (Belgrade, MT) in June 2016.

Interview

Don't expect to get hired right away to the front counter unless you have a degree. It takes a year of washing and checking in cars before you move up to counter.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Car Rental.

Interview

It was easy, just asked about self, strengths, and weaknesses. In a car driving around so it was relaxing. The worst part about the whole thing was the background check. This was the first time I ever had one done, and I thought they weren't going to hire me. But, they finally called and sent me results. Even though my background is squeaky clean. They were really flexible with my school schedule so it was a relief.

Interview Questions

• 1 being the least and 5 being the best, how do you rate your customer service skills and patience.   1 Answer

Reservationist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Car Rental (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with General Manager at Tampa International Airport.
    Brought and went over my resume and then he had me fill one of
    There applications. Then questions were asked what and why I would
    do great in this position.

Interview Questions

• How to handle upset customers.
      How to make them happy.
      1 Answer

Exit Booth Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Car Rental (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Once I filled out an online application, I was called for a phone interview, scheduled for and interview with HR and then called back for an interview with the area manager. There was a few forms and questions given over a website that needed to be filled out. The new hire paperwork is also faxed to an office, but it is hard to find that number and no one really knows how to go about doing it.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions focused around previous experiences in customer service. Name a time where there was an irate customer and how you solved the problem. What was interesting to you about the company?   1 Answer

Rental Agent Interview

Interview

After applying and they think you're a good fit the following will happen in this order:

1. Phone Interview (they usually schedule you for a face to face and the end of the phone call if they are interested in offering the position to you)
    2. Interview with manager
    3. interview with the area manager

Interview Questions

• A random object (such as a pen) is put in front of you and you are asked to try and sell it to them.   Answer Question

Shuttler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Car Rental (Wichita, KS) in November 2014.

Interview

sit down with managers - 10 minutes - ask me why I wanted to work a low pay position - ask other questions I can't remember - was hired the next day I believe - they seemed suspicious of me till the day I quit

Station Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Car Rental.

Interview

3 interviews, tedious and ridiculous for an easy job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Car Rental.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. First there was an interview screening with hr, then interviewed another person from hr, then by two managers. Questions were average, not too difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Rental Agent Interview

Interview

good, met with manager and regional manager