National Church Residences Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

National Church Residences Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

2.7

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was informative and thorough. What impressed me with this experience compared to those of 2 other programs, was it was an actual interview, lol! I say this with humor because unlike the others it was mutually informative, asking & exchanging all the needed details to see if it was a good fit- refreshing not being herded like cattle for similar role, at one hospital where all of a sudden your in a group being trained but not being screened; waste of my time, their resources as I withdrew my application because of this and because the requirements weren't reviewed to any degree before or during the way too lengthy sessions. Refreshing as well compared to the other program, where I was encouraged to volunteer administratively, when I inquired for patient visits, and was told a few times and it was implied that due to my large amount of availability, they needed to "increase the number of those hours" and it would be great if I chose that instead. This continued, after I clarified my interest, talking about my profession of being a nurse, and clarifying no interest of office help- hello- not my skill, and wants to volunteer or work or "hire" someone not interested or qualified only to meet "numbers"?? Not a smart or reputable organization I figured-another waste of time. To wrap up, my interest was to volunteer in a nursing role, for a hospice program, and I did f even mind if for/non profit but headed out in my mind in pursue of this exact opportunity. Unfortunately, this program does not have this professional opportunity, I was not mislead, and while we explored other times, it was an obvious revelation that it would not be a mutually beneficial experience. I appreciated the clear communication, follow through and individual attention; this experience and my observation is of a focus on quality. And I will follow through again, should there be a time where/when nurses are utilized professionally, (as this is the only program of 6 I contacted which could speak of other solid ecisyong roles professional in nature) Great experience despite the outcome, and I see this program as above the curve with volunteer roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer with hospice, within what role?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your abilities to: follow through, communicate and follow through with comittments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open, clear and honest.

Social Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and it took about a week for a response. I completed a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.

It took about a week and i was asked to come in for another interview.

A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you weakness?
      Previous experience
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

After responding to ad or post for employment , expect a delay in response so patience is required, keep sending your interest. Initial phone interview telling a bit about yourself and your past experience and why you are interested in the position. Pretty standard and relaxed phone conversation depending on the manager. Computer literacy test will be the next step and is pretty standard and basic knowledge of word, excel, etc. Interview at individual site where the position is and with the director of that location. Mine was relaxed and informative and not at all like a "normal" interview. Expect a wait after this interview again dependant on the NCR management, mine took about 3 weeks to hear the results and be offered a position. If offered a position another wait while mandatory drug test is recieved and results reported. From interview to hire notice about a month and half. Add another month from interest in position and inital sending of your resume. Long process but worth it if hired. There will be a half day training and mine was totally irrelevant to my site. Dress for interview at site should be informal business.

Interview Questions

• None, all expected or standard why do you want to work for National Church and what are your strongest assets you would bring to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a not for profit company and salary is based on grants and budgets of individual sites so there isn't realy a negotiation phase.