National Church Residences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Church Residences Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.5

Chaplain Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The process took an absurd amount of time. There was months between contacts and disjointed thought process between staff and others. Finally, make it to the final interview where its narrowed down to four people and told and a personal answer would be given with two weeks. However, it was almost a month later and the answer came in the form of a letter. This a great company and the people involved in the interview process were outstanding. However the delays in notification and communication were very slow and frustrating. Although I did not receive the position, I know the company chose the best person to fit their needs. The interview questions were well developed and inquisitive.

Interview Questions

• Would I live on the campus?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Huntsville, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online; received a call within a week to meet the hiring manager at the property they were hiring for. Interview took about an hour to talk and visit the property. Was asked to take a drug and background check and a skills/personality test. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• It was a general, easy-going conversation about the property and how my experience related to their needs.   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was informative and thorough. What impressed me with this experience compared to those of 2 other programs, was it was an actual interview, lol! I say this with humor because unlike the others it was mutually informative, asking & exchanging all the needed details to see if it was a good fit- refreshing not being herded like cattle for similar role, at one hospital where all of a sudden your in a group being trained but not being screened; waste of my time, their resources as I withdrew my application because of this and because the requirements weren't reviewed to any degree before or during the way too lengthy sessions. Refreshing as well compared to the other program, where I was encouraged to volunteer administratively, when I inquired for patient visits, and was told a few times and it was implied that due to my large amount of availability, they needed to "increase the number of those hours" and it would be great if I chose that instead. This continued, after I clarified my interest, talking about my profession of being a nurse, and clarifying no interest of office help- hello- not my skill, and wants to volunteer or work or "hire" someone not interested or qualified only to meet "numbers"?? Not a smart or reputable organization I figured-another waste of time. To wrap up, my interest was to volunteer in a nursing role, for a hospice program, and I did f even mind if for/non profit but headed out in my mind in pursue of this exact opportunity. Unfortunately, this program does not have this professional opportunity, I was not mislead, and while we explored other times, it was an obvious revelation that it would not be a mutually beneficial experience. I appreciated the clear communication, follow through and individual attention; this experience and my observation is of a focus on quality. And I will follow through again, should there be a time where/when nurses are utilized professionally, (as this is the only program of 6 I contacted which could speak of other solid ecisyong roles professional in nature) Great experience despite the outcome, and I see this program as above the curve with volunteer roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer with hospice, within what role?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your abilities to: follow through, communicate and follow through with comittments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open, clear and honest.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic phone interview. I had an interview with who became my Supervisor first then his supervisor. The interview kept me at ease and was pretty friendly throughout. There were non of those questions that tend to trip me up.

Interview Questions

• Standard question. I believe one of the questions that stood out was a difficult situation I had and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Application online. Phone interview about 10min. Then in person interview about 20 min. Normal question and answers. Tour. Took about 30 min. They check your references. Call the next day stating your hired.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here and what do you love about working as an lpn   Answer Question

Social Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and it took about a week for a response. I completed a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.

It took about a week and i was asked to come in for another interview.

A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you weakness?
      Previous experience
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Typical hiring process. I applied online, had a brief over the phone interview regarding expectations and overview of job. I got called in for one interview, then another one. Then I was hired.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballston Spa, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Ballston Spa, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

At the first interview I met with the property manager, he was very nice and straightforward. I was given material to take an online test, that consisted of IQ, personality, education and computer skills after completing it I met with the PM again and the RM by phone. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and I was told they would call within the week. Later that day the PM call and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Education, Background that would qualify me over other candidates. why I wanted to work at this location.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly high starting wage as I was leaving a higher paid job to come and do this.

Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was crazy! Had three different interviews and each person assured me I was hired, but I was nervous about three interviews in three weeks plus it was after I left my previous employment

Interview Questions

• The number one question from all three interviewers was how would I deal with negative staff members   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Activity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their recruiting specialist. I had to take an online personality test. I then had two interviews with their Life Enrichment Coordinator. I was told I would be notified one way or another if I was going to be offered the job. It has been over a week and I still haven't heard anything.