National Church Residences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.5

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Huntsville, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online; received a call within a week to meet the hiring manager at the property they were hiring for. Interview took about an hour to talk and visit the property. Was asked to take a drug and background check and a skills/personality test. Was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• It was a general, easy-going conversation about the property and how my experience related to their needs.   Answer Question

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Waverly, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was quite an experience I hadn't worked in ten years due to staying home to the enjoyment of staying home to be a mother. So I over thought the process causing the feelings being of nervous was fierce. On the day of my interview it was smooth the two ladies were exceptionally nice and made me feel comfortable. Hired on the spot!! I believe if your heart is in being an aide you'll find no better management.

Interview Questions

• Something positive I expect to gain from this job experience   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was informative and thorough. What impressed me with this experience compared to those of 2 other programs, was it was an actual interview, lol! I say this with humor because unlike the others it was mutually informative, asking & exchanging all the needed details to see if it was a good fit- refreshing not being herded like cattle for similar role, at one hospital where all of a sudden your in a group being trained but not being screened; waste of my time, their resources as I withdrew my application because of this and because the requirements weren't reviewed to any degree before or during the way too lengthy sessions. Refreshing as well compared to the other program, where I was encouraged to volunteer administratively, when I inquired for patient visits, and was told a few times and it was implied that due to my large amount of availability, they needed to "increase the number of those hours" and it would be great if I chose that instead. This continued, after I clarified my interest, talking about my profession of being a nurse, and clarifying no interest of office help- hello- not my skill, and wants to volunteer or work or "hire" someone not interested or qualified only to meet "numbers"?? Not a smart or reputable organization I figured-another waste of time. To wrap up, my interest was to volunteer in a nursing role, for a hospice program, and I did f even mind if for/non profit but headed out in my mind in pursue of this exact opportunity. Unfortunately, this program does not have this professional opportunity, I was not mislead, and while we explored other times, it was an obvious revelation that it would not be a mutually beneficial experience. I appreciated the clear communication, follow through and individual attention; this experience and my observation is of a focus on quality. And I will follow through again, should there be a time where/when nurses are utilized professionally, (as this is the only program of 6 I contacted which could speak of other solid ecisyong roles professional in nature) Great experience despite the outcome, and I see this program as above the curve with volunteer roles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer with hospice, within what role?   1 Answer
    • How would you rate your abilities to: follow through, communicate and follow through with comittments?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open, clear and honest.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic phone interview. I had an interview with who became my Supervisor first then his supervisor. The interview kept me at ease and was pretty friendly throughout. There were non of those questions that tend to trip me up.

Interview Questions

• Standard question. I believe one of the questions that stood out was a difficult situation I had and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Application online. Phone interview about 10min. Then in person interview about 20 min. Normal question and answers. Tour. Took about 30 min. They check your references. Call the next day stating your hired.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here and what do you love about working as an lpn   Answer Question

Social Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Columbus, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and it took about a week for a response. I completed a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for a face to face interview.

It took about a week and i was asked to come in for another interview.

A few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you weakness?
      Previous experience
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The Senior Property Manager and Property Manager asked great questions and gave wonderful feedback. They were very personable and courteous through the entire process. I felt welcomed and comfortable the entire time. The overall experience was very great. I would recommend this company to others who are seeking employment in housing, social services, or healthcare. The atmosphere was calm, the staff was nice and the process was very smooth, even down to the final interview and decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are a good fit for this position?

What can you offer our residents?

What skills do you have that would qualify you for this position?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very easy and I was very comfortable with the offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Church Residences.

Interview

Typical hiring process. I applied online, had a brief over the phone interview regarding expectations and overview of job. I got called in for one interview, then another one. Then I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Ballston Spa, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Ballston Spa, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

At the first interview I met with the property manager, he was very nice and straightforward. I was given material to take an online test, that consisted of IQ, personality, education and computer skills after completing it I met with the PM again and the RM by phone. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and I was told they would call within the week. Later that day the PM call and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Education, Background that would qualify me over other candidates. why I wanted to work at this location.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly high starting wage as I was leaving a higher paid job to come and do this.

Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Church Residences (Cudahy, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Received a call from Senior Service Coordinator and Regional manager. Was informed that I would receive an email with a personality and skills test. Was sent an exam to take and completed it, A week laters received a call from property manager for an interview met with both managers for properties I was would be working after the interview I received a call the next day that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you associated with this field of work?   1 Answer