National City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National City Interview Questions

2.5

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National City in March 2008.

Interview

They called for an interview, scheduled an interview, and then on the day of the interview, cancelled the interview.

Interview Questions

• The cancellation of the interview was the most unexpected experience.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at National City (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2009.

Interview

I had to apply on the web site and take an easy IQ/Personality test of about 25 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $40,000 I countered at $45,000 and we settled on $42,000

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National City in August 2008.

Interview

First, I filled out a survey on the internet. This wasn't too long - mostly questions about past experience, associates that are currently employed, and any fraud related crimes. Next was the 1:1 interview which consisted of HR type questions and relevant success stories. Overall, an easy interview with little question as to whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where your felt challenged and overcame obstacles to succeed?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National City (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National City (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at National City (Cleveland, OH) in April 2008.

Interview

Recruiter was very thorough, prompt, and explained accurately the process. The interviews with management seemed very general. They would not offer specifics as to obstacles to success, impact of PNC purchase, and balance of responsibilities. After doing some additional research, I found that the position's responsibilties were quite different from the description I received. I felt misled.

I generally liked the people with which I interviewed, but didn't feel confident in their ability as leaders.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic interview questions. Nothing in depth at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National City in July 2009.

Interview

They conducted a short phone interview before inviting me in for two separate one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one interviews were given on the same day. I heard within a week of the outcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National City in January 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on the phone. He explained the general information of the job title. He also went over the salary expectations. I met with two managers one on one, they described the job requirements, which ended up being far from the truth. It was not their fault but what upper management made them say.

Interview Questions

• How has you past experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National City (Bowling Green, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions

• Tell about experience with cash handling   1 Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   1 Answer