National City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National City Interview Questions

2.5

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at National City.

Interview

Hired thru recruiter: Recruiter negotiated initial terms. NCC HR interview 1st. HR representative was very friendly and helpful. Two interviews with IT staff and managers. Interview was not too technical, but not ignorant of the facts and characteristics needed to be revealed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate either slight increase in salary or additional week of vacation.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National City (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

One personal interview then a group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

based on salary and health benefits which were both above the smaller bank I was currently empoyed at

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National City in October 2009.

Interview

Got a phone call from Branch Manager. Got a call from HR that I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She gave the pay and I agreed with it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National City in February 2008.

Interview

called by recruiter and passed phone screening, and then set up an interview date with manger and assistant manager and district manager. was asked questions about previous work experience and also questions about my personality and reasons I chose to apply for that position.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National City (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

phone interview. recruiter asked several questions about my background... 30 minutes max.

Interview Questions

• None, standard question -- reviewing my background and experience   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National City (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. The phone interview was over before I realized it began. Be prepared to articulate your experience working with excel/access.

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National City in August 2008.

Interview

First, I filled out a survey on the internet. This wasn't too long - mostly questions about past experience, associates that are currently employed, and any fraud related crimes. Next was the 1:1 interview which consisted of HR type questions and relevant success stories. Overall, an easy interview with little question as to whether or not I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where your felt challenged and overcame obstacles to succeed?   Answer Question

Retail Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National City (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2008.

Interview

Overall pretty good interview experience. I initially got the interview by applying through my college's website, and then had a phone interivew followed by a weekend long interview process. The phone interivew was a typical behavioral interview, so definitely good to be prepared beforehand.

The actual in person interviews were conducted over a weekend, with a group of people. The first night consisted of a cocktail party, and then the formal interviews the following day. Expect to interview with at least 3 hiring managers throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Market Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National City in January 2010.

Interview

Great culture and people to work for. Very upfront in regards to position and what is expected.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National City (Bowling Green, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

Recruitor phone interview asking basic questions about experience
    1 on 1 with bank manager- went well call back same day asked to second interview next day
    second interview with lead teller and bank manager- no call back or feedback
    interview went very well

Interview Questions

• Tell about experience with cash handling   1 Answer
    • Tell about experience with sales or cross sales   1 Answer