National Corporate Housing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application they conducted a phone interview to discuss basic qualifications and to talk about the company atmosphere. Then they sent 2 different personality surveys for you to complete. When those matched with the company attitude they scheduled a 1 on 1 interview with an HR representative and then the direct manager. After that there was a 2 on 1 interview with the direct manager and the Accounting Director talking about qualifications and basic needs that they were looking for in the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to the company to help drive for success?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing in May 2017.

Interview

First got an email from the recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. Once I confirmed via email what date/time worked best for me (was the next morning) I never got a call. Confused, I emailed the recruiter later that day and asked if everything was okay and if we could reschedule. She emailed me back with no explanation or apology and rescheduled. The phone interview with the recruiter went well and she set me up with another phone interview with the General Manager that day. Of course, I was so excited to move this along quickly and spoke with the General Manager a few hours later- and that went well. All very generic questions and explanation of job responsibilities. We set up a time for an in person interview (which was scheduled for the following week Wednesday) and he asked me to take a personality assessment. The personality assessment was different than any others I have taken before and was pretty interesting! I was excited to go over it at the next interview. On the Wednesday of my in person interview, I took a PTO day at my current employment, to find out 30 minutes before my interview, the General Manager was not feeling well and wanted to schedule for next week. It was frustrating because I was nearly to the office where the interview was taking place. Regardless, I kept an optimistic demeanor and apologized he wasn't feeling well and rescheduled for the following week. The night before (10:30 pm) of my rescheduled interview, I got the dreaded "dear candidate" email. Again, confused, I reached out to the General Manager I was supposed to interview with. He explained that the email was a mistake and he still wanted to meet with me, again being optimistic, I explained that I understood and I was still looking forward to the interview. The morning of my interview I showed up 20 minutes early to find an empty and locked office. Internally, I thought "well I'm early, I will just patiently wait another 10 minutes". Sure enough, 5 minutes before my rescheduled interview, I reached out to the General Manager who then told me he was running late... What truly confused me was the office opened at 9:00 AM and my interview was for 10:00 AM, so essentially this guy is running over an hour late? Either way, I waited until 10:20 AM when he showed up. It is unfortunate to say that the actual interview was worse than my experience already. The General Manager, in my opinion, did not appear professionally dressed/kept. The interview had no structure, and myself as the candidate, was more relaxed than the General Manager. The General Manager would not stop fidgeting with paper clips, pens and files on his desk and seemed unwilling to make eye contact with me (looking at his computer, what he was fidgeting with, his phone). There was a point during the interview where his office phone rang and he said to me, "Excuse me, give me a minute" and proceeded to have a 5 minute conversation with a client during my interview while I just sit on the other side of the desk. I debated gathering my stuff and leaving at that moment, but I didn't. This in person interview was truly meaningless, the only new information I learned was they were looking to fill the position that stays in the empty office daily. We unfortunately did not review my personality assessment either. The General Manager explained that the next step in the interview process would be a phone interview with the VP of the Region and then another in person interview with him to go over the personality assessment. The General Manager told me that he was interested in moving forward and that the VP would call me within the next few days. Not a surprise to me, I never got that call. When I was leaving the interview I had already decided I wouldn't want to work for such an unprofessional and unorganized company, and if the VP were to call me, I would just express to her how horrible this experience was. I have since received an offer to another Relocation company whom I have also shared this horrible experience with. It has been brought to my attention by multiple associates that National Corporate Housing is one of the worst corporate housing firms- there are way better opportunities out there people!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview was a very informal phone call. The second was a one on one in office interview. Overall it was relatively straightforward. The interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions regarding how i would handle issues without my manager around. The only negative of the interview was that the interviewer continually answered and made phone calls during final interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were faced with a problem and could not contact your manager, what would you do?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

An extremely long interview process with multiple online assessments. I'm not really sure how the data gathered is used as it was never reviewed after I on boarded. There was a phone interview, a short in person interview, another phone interview with someone at Corporate and then a "long" interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what makes you the person you are today.   1 Answer

National Corporate Housing Response

Jun 11, 2019 – Digital Marketing Strategist

Hello there and thank you for taking time to review us! We appreciate you as a National family member and hope you are enjoying your time here. If there is any additional feedback you may have

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (New York, NY).

Interview

I was emailed that they were interested in my resume. I was asked to take a Predicative Index exam, which I did. I was then asked to have a phone interview and send in my completed application. My phone interview was 3 minutes late the scheduled time. I was emailed that the HR lady was in a meeting and asked to reschedule. I rescheduled for a few days later and she never called me nor responded to email regarding the interview not taking place. I am a professional and I respect others schedules and time and this was extremely rude and unprofessional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• If an HR employee asks you to take a personality exam, send in your personal information before scheduling an interview that they will cancel and then not honor the rescheduled time, how would you react?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a phone interview. We agreed on a day and time. Received a confirmation email. The day and time came and went with no phone call or email. I sent an email the the person that was suppose to interview me with no response.

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (Denver, CO).

Interview

Reasonable process - they were a bit slow and perhaps misleading after the first interview. They expressed strong interest but kept extending the amount of time until they would get back to me with various excuses. It seemed clear they were interested in me as candidate number 2 (or 3) but were moving someone else along. As with most employers, not much consideration for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a person at the corporate office. I then had a phone interview and took an online test. My final interview was in the Indianapolis office with the manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current GPA at IU and how I chose my major.   1 Answer

Creative Designer Interview

Interview

Set up 30 min phone call, really easy interview speaking about myself and what I’m looking for in a company. They explained the department, salary, commute, culture, etc. The call was going fantastic, but once we spoke about the salary they offer the tone just went downhill from there. They needed a range/number to continue and mine was higher than they offer. Due to that, I got the impression they didn’t care to continue the interview. They spoke fast trying to close the conversation and ended the call early (20 minutes). They wouldn’t let me ask any questions and said they would follow up with me the next week. I never heard from them even after sending a follow up. Be prepared to talk about salary upfront.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with the commute to the office?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal culture/work environment?   Answer Question
    • Rate your skills on a scale of 1-10 with Photoshop, dream weaver, and illustrator   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Corporate Housing.

Interview

I found the listing for the position and applied online. After applying online I heard back fairly quickly to schedule a phone interview with someone in HR. I did the phone interview and within a couple days was scheduling an in person interview with the manger of the office I would be working in. I went and interviewed with the manager and got a call after a day or so offering me the position.