National Defence and the Canadian Forces Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Defence and the Canadian Forces Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces.

Interview

There was a aptitude test, physical exam and interview. The aptitude test was conducted on a computer which was quite easy. The physical was also very straight forward and easy. Same with the interview which was quite short. They just go over your application and ask you about it.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions, past history, understanding the job of the military   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces.

Interview

Typical government interview process; all questions were concrete and set before the interview began. Questions were the basic behavioural and situational based questions. Interviewers spent a fair amount of time describing the materiel being supported by their Department and ended with the usual "Do you have any questions for us?".

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked on a project but did not have enough background knowledge to meaningfully contribute   Answer Question

Resource Management Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I had to wear some formal clothes. Together we reviewed my personal backgrounds and skills that I wrote on my resume. The overall interview was about one hour long. I was nervous but the interview was easier than I expected. I got an offer after 3 weeks from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for this position?   1 Answer

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers, one was a part of the QA team and the other was a web developer there. Standard questions, there were no technical questions. Most questions were behavioural and some questions were based off the job application info. I managed to get the interview through my university's co-op program.

Naval Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Medical exam, aptitude exam, personal interview, extensive background check, screening through basic training program. Utilizes scenario based questions to verify your leadership abilities and ability to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions on leadership situations   1 Answer

Maritime Surface Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John's (Antigua and Barbuda)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Saint John's (Antigua and Barbuda)) in January 2015.

Interview

After writing aptitude test and doing a medical assessment, you sit in a normal office environment and are asked the standard fair of questions; nothing too complicated. How you do on the aptitude test is what really matters, coupled with the priorities of the recruiter. You are given 3 choices for the position your are seeking. You can find the specific trades that are being sought online. If you choose a position that they are looking for, and you score high enough on the aptitude test, the interview will probably not matter that much (common sense approach).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some domestic operations that Canada has done recently that are important to you   1 Answer

Officer Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests with different recruiting personnel. Must pass physical and medical tests. Started with paper application and then proceeded to in person interviews that judged suitability for leadership and all-round ability.

Interview Questions

• Do you or have you used any of the following substances   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the environment and position.

Marine Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces.

Interview

Fairlly easy, they have a way to lay it out for you, But do your home work and know what you want and do it, don't let them put you where they need the most personal.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult, just need to find out what they want to hear. "listen to orders and always follows orders."   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Victoria, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It starts with an online application. After quite some time a recruiter will phone you to go over your initial application and interests. At this point they may tell you things that are not necessarily true and try to get you to change your mind to fit your interest with their needs. Hold fast to your convictions and you will likely get an interview. Unless you are already qualified for a position you will have to do a written aptitude test before you are offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What non-prescription drugs have you tried in your life. Have you ever done anything that would compromise your ability to get a security clearance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existant, pay scale is set out depending on rank earned.

Human Resources Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at National Defence and the Canadian Forces (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview over phone followed by lengthy selection process. Had to write a written exam, followed by an oral exam which assessed oral communication skills, and skills and knowledge of DND. Exam for second language profile.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent conflict during a staffing meeting and how you handled the situation   Answer Question