National Democratic Institute Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Democratic Institute Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at National Democratic Institute

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with the entire department (only three people). Very friendly, mostly just discussed when I could start and what specific skills I had which I could add to the department.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience producing videos or working with such technology?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for National Democratic Institute

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute.

Interview

I got invited for a phone interview over a month after I submitted my application. The process itself was quick and easy. Interview questions focused on what I knew about the organization, why I was interested in the position I applied for, and how I thought it would benefit my future career path. Orientation is a bit much, especially for an intern position, but it turns out to be useful once you're actually working.

Interview Questions

• How did you first hear about NDI? This question threw me off because I wasn't sure how to answer it - at my university it was so well known, it was almost like asking how I first heard about the US government.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

Arrived at the office roughly 10 minutes ahead of the interview. I was forced to wait an additional 35 minutes to be interviewed. The decision to hire was probably already made by management, making my interview a formality. Regardless, forcing an applicant to wait more than 45 minutes to be interviewed was thoroughly unprofessional.

During the interview itself, the manager felt the need to remove their shoes and massage their feet. The questions were fairly generic without adequately gauging my skills, education or previous experience.

Even though the position was an internship, I still deserved some level of professional courtesy. Overall, I found the experience to be generally insulting and unbecoming of an organization that conducts great work throughout the world.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview a couple of weeks after applying at their website. The interview was conducted in English, Spanish and French. The job announcement said you only needed basic knowledge of French. Nevertheless it was clear during the interview that they were looking for a candidate who could speak it fluently.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work with them and they asked me to repeat my resume to them. Also they wanted me to indicate the Latin American country which I thought needed more assistant from the US government.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

First I was contacted for an initial screening conversation. The conversation took around 30 min. Then I was moved to a written assessment test. The test was online for an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute in April 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through their website. Soon after that I got a call from HR, the woman was super nice, asked the standard questions (what do you know about NDI, what do we do, why NDI etc). There was also a written test (draft an executive summary)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Democratic Institute in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and shortly received email for phone interview one week later. After the phone interview the next step was a written translation. The next step would have been another interview, but I did not reach this step. The interviewer was very friendly, though I was not sure if they had much experience interviewing people.