National Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Express.

Interview

I applied to an opening online by submitting my resume. I then received a call from HR requesting a phone screening, and we were able to schedule it quickly. After the phone screening I was immediately invited to a final group interview, with the knowledge that I would have to give a presentation answering a question about the Company. The final group interview consisted of 4 applicants, 4 evaluators (immediate report, their immediate report, Corporate HR, and regional HR), and consisted of round-robin interviews, with presentations at the end of the day while non-presenters toured the facility. On the way back to the airport, I received word that I was selected for the position and that paperwork would be forthcoming. I signed once I received the documentation.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions consisted of a standard matrix of "Name one time that..." and your response is evaluated on a baseline thought process (situation, thought, action, and result). Your ability to reflect on your prior experiences are critical.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Express (Warrenville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

HR Interview over phone. Fairly standard.

In person interview and skills test in person, then a final interview with who would have been my manager. Interviews were reasonable. I met with very personable people in the analysis dept at warrenville. I would have been happy to work with them, but unfortunately I received a much better offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What trait do you dislike most in a manager? (asked by my would be manager)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Express in January 2010.

Interview

It was good. Asked alot of questions. Comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Compliance Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Express in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was held by 2 hiring managers involving a number of competency based questionnaires. Following the questions a short numeracy and verbal reasoning test is required. Overall experience was positive and made to feel comfortable during the interview. Only downside was informed during interview a number of internal candidates were also being interviewed.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Express (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

applied, got a phone interview which lasted for 20 min, was successful and got scheduled for an express yourself day two weeks after where you have a literacy and numeracy test, then a group discussion. If you did well, you can stay for the proper interview. a week after, got a phone call saying i am successful

Interview Questions

• what do you know about National Express?
      Why do you want ti work for us?
      Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at National Express (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Horrendous!!! Never been to such an unorganised interview. Candidates were not made aware what the plan of action was for the day. Overall there was a 3 stage interview process. First stage involved a group discussion/presentation. If successful, then you would sit a Test. Once you pass the test with flying colours, you would then be invited to your final face to face interview.

During my interview, the interviewee continued interrupting me which i found was very rude and unprofessional. The questions that were posed were standard management style interview questions (situation based). The interviewee altered the words around slightly in-order to make the q's sound more complex/challenging - really did not work as some of the q's did not make sense! Overall the entire process lasted 6 hours. In theory, had the interviewees been more organised/prepared the process could have been completed within 2x hour.

Interview Questions

• What management style works for you?
      Example of when you've implemented an idea which delivered negative outcomes?
      What would you change and what did you learn from this?
      Answer Question

Interviewees were not very professional. Accepted the offer at National rail instead as the pay was rewarding and the team seemed lot more professional and on the ball!

Assistant Managemnt Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Express (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

My interview was arranged very quickly through a recruitment agency.i had about 2 days notice. the first half of interview comprised of accounts test with some simple questions such as accounting treatment of fixed assets T accounts etc. The second half of the interview was a 1:1 interview conducted by management accountant

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be the right person for this position.   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Express (Norwich, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

a series of questions about myself and why I'm fit for the job, I was also asked some technical questions about the precise role and what skills I have attained through work and education that will help me be a success here.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you were under immense pressure, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at National Express (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

First you will need to apply online. Then once you are selected you are invited to a full day recruitment. On the day of the recruitment you are introduced to some of the staff that currently work for National Express. You will complete a basic question and answer multi selection sheet. You will be eliminated if you do not pass this. Then you will do a group discussion and best people are selected for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you had to resolve a conflicting situation and How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be very open mined, just like to look out how you communicate and there is no answer to the group discussion.

Coach Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stansted, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Express (Stansted, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interesting and informative regarding the work conditions and job responsibilities. A quick driving test with the instructor and then a nice conversation, where I was asked a few general questions related to my experience as a driver and examples of good customer service. Quite disappointed to have received a general rejection, "we have been extremely fortunate to have had very good people for the interview". Would have preferred an honest reason, since I have already received other offers from other companies...

Interview Questions

• An example of good and bad customer service in your previous jobs.   Answer Question