National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Applied for position online, received a call from in-house recruiter three days later. Had 2 phone interviews and a ride along before accepting position. Entire interview process and on boarding took four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer interaction and how you handled it.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Recruiter very rude and hung up precisely after I told him that straight commission after 4 weeks of training was not in my comfort level.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is as follows: resume submitted to a recruiter,then a district manager. After district manager decides resume meets criteria, then a meeting takes place with divisional manager. The divisional manager personally calls the prospective candidate to arrange the time of the interview. During the interview the company history is discussed. Who started the company and why. The current objectives that NFIB has as well as future goals to represent the important issues a small business owner has today.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience with small businesses and in what capacity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Personal

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Northeast, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume,and then somebody called me. We set a time to meet with the Manager. My interview lasted a little over an hour. The the manager asked me to fill out a professional profile. After that, you shadow another sales rep in the field for a day. The manger offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would be successful in the job.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in May 2016.

Interview

Went through a 30 minute phone interview with recruiter and was called back for a face to face interview a week later.

Interviewers were nice enough, I didn't get much of a chance to put a word in edgewise as they both hammered home the fact that a lot of hours were required to be truly "sucessful" at the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put in the hours necessary to be successful at NFIB?   1 Answer

I'm not really comfortable in a one call sales cycle and 100% commission organization.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Nashville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied on third-party submission site, heard from HR coordinator a few days later. Interviewed with manager a few days after that, had second interview within 7-10 days, hired a day or so after that. Very simple and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change roles? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Florence, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

Fill out application, regional recruiter contacts you via email then phone, recruiter coordinates initial contact with division manager, set place, date & time to meet for one on one interview, if both sides agree to move forward in the hiring process schedule/perform a ride along/job sample with a representative in territory close to home, execute a personality test online and if both sides agree then the on boarding process begins.

Interview Questions

• Is Government to big or do we need more Government in our lives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

they will hire anybody. everything is a numbers game with them. it is not uncommon for them to have more than 100% turnover in a given year so they'll take a chance on anyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said, " We will not pay you anything unless you sell" and I said "OK"

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Williamsport, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

First you must send your resume to the Human Resources department. They will contact you and ask you a few questions about your resume as well as a few questions based on the job. They will also explain to you that this will be a commission based job and that you control your income based on what you do and how hard you work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Phone screening interview and was asked maybe a few hours after the call to schedule an interview. then in person interview with Supervisor and Director, was given an offer within a week.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Had to drive about 45 minutes away. Pretty basic questions. Interviewer was very professional and nice. I got the impression the job was mine if I wanted it & that they wanted you to ask for it or to really want it. I left feeling like the job was mine.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to your availability for the next 90 days. In other words, no vacation or travel plans that may have already been made. This includes Christmas time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't