National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions | Glassdoor

National Federation of Independent Business Interview Questions

Interviews at National Federation of Independent Business

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview. During my first interview, they simply explained the position and its benefits and asked me if I had any questions. I was contacted to conduct a second phone interview the following day.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Southfield, MI) in September 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter we had an amazing conversation honestly I felt very excited about coming on board after my 1st conversation. The second “interview call”was made to I’m assuming a district sales manager where he jumped straight into politics, which I felt was an unfair disadvantage for a 1st conversation. This guy was out right rude he asked me if I’d prefer to go out with an agent or meet with him 1st which I told him going for an outing to preview the job would be ideal however I never heard from the candidate after a week of waiting I finally called him back for a meeting with him and he was so rude I never showed up for the second interview because I did not want to deal with anyone in that negative capacity it was just a bad impression on the company’s behalf

Interview Questions

Interview

Thorough but necessary to determine true potential. I believe past performance determines future performance if nothing changes. The interview clearly explained the opportunity, environment, and training offered to ensure a successful career.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in April 2019.

Interview

simple phone interview that was fairly easy. It was a casual conversation about my life and why I wanted the internship.They offered me the job and that was it.

Interview Questions

• I cant remember. there were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Burbank, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

My initial interview was a phone interview. Next was a face to face interview with the hiring manager who had a 1960's idea of what is acceptable and legally ethical conversations during an interview. Next was shadowing a current rep in the field. The lack of diversity and inappropriate HR violations are possible class action lawsuit worthy in the future. Don't waste your time or energy.

Interview Questions

• What were my political affiliations? Politics should never be expressed during an interview. Nor should current events concerning race or sex ever be a part of any mangers conversation. The interview was a clear indicator of lack of HR ethical concerns for diversity and a great indicator why the turn over rate is apparent because of their lack of proper sensitivity to employees who are not white males.   1 Answer
    • My political affiliation and or support   1 Answer
    • Would I be available immediately?   1 Answer

National Federation of Independent Business Response

Aug 28, 2019 – National Director of Employment

Thank you for your response and feedback on your most recent interview experience. As an organization, NFIB pride's itself in ensuring our recruitment processes are compliant with all statutory requirements. I would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your observations and you may email me at shelbie.webster@nfib.org. Thank you again for your feedback. Shelbie Webster, National Employment Director, NFIB

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Portland, OR) in March 2019.

Interview

initial response to a post on Indeed.com, followed up with a conversation with their director of recruiting . They then set up an appointment for a 30-40 min interview with an invitation to go to their web site to learn more about the Organization and their mission. They then had me take an aptitude test. After that I then had a Video interview with the hiring manager, followed by a in-person interview, and a day long job shadow with one of their sales reps.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business in January 2018.

Interview

First is an informational call with recruiter. Then a phone interview with recruiter and a personality test. Finally there's an in person interview with manager. Afterwards you have to do a ride along with manager. This is about a half day thing that you won't get paid for. Finally you have to remember the sales pitch word for word over a period of about 10 days.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs have you looked into. What would you definitely not take of those positions and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Phone screening interview and was asked maybe a few hours after the call to schedule an interview. then in person interview with Supervisor and Director, was given an offer within a week.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Did two interviews over the phone-one with the in-house headhunter, the other one with the regional manager and took a personality test (which was surprisingly in line with my perceived strengths/weaknesses)-then I did a ride-along with the area representative. Ride along was very instructive-they are selling memberships in a business advocacy group that is very needed; yet the ride-along was insightful in how they had to misrepresent themselves to get in the door. Dubious tactics for a noble cause-not my cup of tea. After ride-along there was no way I could work for this outfit. Their product is needed and noble-they don't need deceptive tactics to sell it!

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at National Federation of Independent Business.

Interview

Applied for position online, received a call from in-house recruiter three days later. Had 2 phone interviews and a ride along before accepting position. Entire interview process and on boarding took four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer interaction and how you handled it.   Answer Question